Winter cleaning - salt removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kahuna, This is a very interesting idea! Once a year I have always striped the wax/sealant with a aggressive wash soap and the clayed. I may try this more often.

As for the salt issue a good power sprayer once a week for the body and undercarriage makes me feel better but in the long run I could not overcome the enevitable F-150 rusty rocker panels. Maybe when I am forced to buy a Gen2 that type of rust is not be a concern. The frame on the Gen2 is still steal so rust will still be a concern there.

Good luck it first and for most enjoy the truck.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I have been doing this for about 2 months (2 washes) so far. It's a lot quicker than the usual annual clay/polish wax regime and the cars look better than with the old PH neutral maintenance washes. Will report back on ho it works out long term.

Rocker panels need special attention. I remove the tape and flush them with hot water in the summer and let them dry for a couple of days. I then spray with fluid film and cover the holes with aluminium foil tape until next year. No sign of issues yet.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also did the rocker clean flush, dry out and re tape each spring and it still was no match for the Michigan road salt.