Windshield wiper (recall)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My recall notice popped up in FordPass on Friday while I was (ironically) picking up an F150 Platinum that had been stuck on dealer hold due to the same issue.

I’ve not experienced any problems with my wipers so far (about 3,000 miles).
Where in FordPass do recalls show up? I received a letter for the lights but I don't see it in the app

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dealer likely will not be able to solve this for you (at least they couldn't for me). They told me it worked but was delayed in function... even funnier the residue left on the windshield from the liquied they used to test the sensor was left on the windshield and had clearly dried without being wiped away.

I fixed it by going into the sync menu and ensuring that that each driver profile (including guest) had the auto sensing wipers marked as on. my guest profile did not and as soon as i selected it the problem was fixed. also note i do not use the profile functionality, but that was the trick for me. GL

Setup the auto sensing wipers in the guest profile and it worked this morning. You're the man! You should create a thread highlighting this fix. I've been ******* with that for months and gave up.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rain sensing has never worked. The wiper just go at a slow interval on the first click of the stalk, whether it is raining or not.
This can be fixed with Forscan most likely.. the option is not active in the truck software. Mine was like this along with several others. I just clicked it to active and it worked.

Pismobound

Reaction score
No letter from Ford and nothing on the Ford Pass app. Saw someone with an April 2022 build date had the recall so I ran my VIN through NHTSA. The wiper motor recall came up with the flashing running light recall. Although I haven’t had any issues with either problem it says no fix for the wiper until third quarter of 2023. I need to call the dealer for the light issue to clear the recal from my vehicle. Don’t want to bogart the thread but is the light fix out and available yet.

IndyRaptor83

Reaction score
I bought a 2022 Raptor (built late March 2022)on November 30 with parking lamp recall and now window wiper motor recall. It was on a stop sale and I can’t get my truck until it’s remedy does anyone know if they have a resolution for either?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RamseyF

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is for 21's and 22's?
I know mines a 21' so its for at least 21's. appently others with 22's and 23's are having wiper issues. I dont have any issues. when I was at the dealer for an oil change he said they do not have the parts yet. when parts become available I would be notified. fortunately I haven't had one problem with them as of yet with 17k miles on it

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the recall letter (22S71/wiper motor) for this a little over a week ago. When the recall originally came out, they were waiting for the wiper motors....until 3rd quarter '23 (original est). Made an appointment and took it in yesterday. They replaced the wiper motor and I was on my way again in under an hour. Good service experience!
:favorites13: