Will I fit after perch adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Madcow, I bet you don't want to think about perches for awhile after last weekend....

Yeah just got my alignment done today and all I can say after logging some miles is "Why the hell didn't I do this a year and a half ago!"

This is how this truck was meant to ride.

That includes the sway bar delete!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is your impression about the ride chatracteristics? You're never one to sugar-coat anything. I'd love to hear it.

I did the middle perch on my first Raptor and I keep hitting myself in the face trying to keep my hands off the air tools to do it to this truck but the temptation is almost too great. This truck rides like a Cadillac and I love it.

I recall the middle perch being a bit more firm.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
You know, that's the one thing that I remembered reading somewhere that kept nagging at me and convinced me not to do the perch mod. Well, guess what? I can't tell one bit of difference in ride harshness. Now granted I did the sway bar delete at the same time which changes the ride as well. Makes it lean a little more if you do a hard corner. Off road today I hit some huge washes at an angle and feel like my tires stayed planted on the ground more than they used to. Hit my normal washboard roads at speed today and the Raptor felt more controllable and didn't "walk" around as much as before.

Seriously, unless your Raptor is a pavement queen, DO THIS MOD NOW! You won't regret it! This is how the truck is supposed to feel. Even if your Raptor doesn't get offroad, I didn't feel this mod was a detriment to handling on pavement.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This mod is a must. Not only does the truck look much better, it feels much better. The truck feels less sloppy up front. My only wish was that I had done this sooner. I drive around 1000 miles a week and I love this mod.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly do not remember what I felt. I'm proud to say that my truck IS a pavement queen, say what you will... I don't think that the front end is sloppy at all. Hmm... I wish I could find my old truck and convince the dude to let me drive it around again.

Hell, I might have to swing into the dealer today to see what's up. Damn you guys! I better measure the garage first. I have like zero room.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly do not remember what I felt. I'm proud to say that my truck IS a pavement queen, say what you will... I don't think that the front end is sloppy at all. Hmm... I wish I could find my old truck and convince the dude to let me drive it around again.

Hell, I might have to swing into the dealer today to see what's up. Damn you guys! I better measure the garage first. I have like zero room.

Cant be any less than I have. :waytogo:

See post #10 for pic.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, well I dont know if your question was fully answered.

Im at the top perch and I DO NOT fit at anything less than 6'9. 6'8 does not fit... Its pretty ****** especially since I have to drive around a lot looking for parking.

Mod is worth all the trouble.

Now if you have Grabbers, and they are .5in more plus air to fill that space.... 6'10 will be cutting close. Im not a ******* mathmetician but you should barely fit..

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... my garage here at the office is labeled as 6'8". This has me worried now. On a similar note, what is the horizontal clearance needed with the mirrors folded?

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My garage is 6'10. If my 2012 ever gets in, I will have the dealer raise it before I pick it up.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to my dealer yesterday and they said they refuse to do the work because nobody knows how to do it.

That made me feel good... eek.