Will a 37" KO2 fit in the OEM spare tire location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eggorian

Eggorian

Reaction score
Do you think that this is enough space to keep the heat from melting the tire?

I am wondering if a 37” KM3 will have the same clearance.

There's about 0.5" of space between the tire and the two exhaust heat shields, and about 1.25" of space between the tire and the differential cover. I think this is enough space.

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's about 0.5" of space between the tire and the two exhaust heat shields, and about 1.25" of space between the tire and the differential cover. I think this is enough space.
I guess I can always create more space by airing down the tire.

Kirk Heppler

Reaction score
1d072427933ad298c66819d457bc0ffb.jpg

37x12.5x17 KO2 Eibach in front and stock rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you have any issues with rubbing when off roading? Did you have to trim?

I'm trying to decide between Geisers or Eibachs springs up front.

I’ve got Eibachs up front with stock rears as well. Looking for the same exact tires/size with 17” zero offset Methods. How has your experience been with this setup??

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been told that at worst the 37” KO2 will fit under the bed, deflated. Which means a need to have the ability to inflate would be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that a 37” KM3 doesn’t fit—even deflated—with stock pipes. I’m considering changing exhaust to the Mountune MRX which says it allows a 37” to fit.

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that a 37” KM3 doesn’t fit—even deflated—with stock pipes. I’m considering changing exhaust to the Mountune MRX which says it allows a 37” to fit.
Hmmmm, I have never heard of that exhaust. Interested now. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
the problem won't be with the exhaust. at full bump, the axle moves rearward a little bit. you'll end up with the differential cover contacting the spare tire mounted underneath, which will limit uptravel.

It will be worse if you run any aftermarket differential cover, as all of them are thicker than the factory cover.