Different Frame on 37 Package Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
Yeah, most dealers are happy to help customers void their warranties. They make lots of money on customer repairs and much less on warranty repairs. Hopefully your dealer is stand up.
Good point.

Hopefully knowing the GM should help. Just as long as he's still there when it breaks haha

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, most dealers are happy to help customers void their warranties. They make lots of money on customer repairs and much less on warranty repairs. Hopefully your dealer is stand up.
The dealership wouldnt have a leg to stand on. If you're the type of person that says "ok" when they say it's not covered under warranty because you have larger tires then yes you'll be screwed. Im not that person and I know the law will stand behind me. My selling dealer tried to pull some BS on me and in the end they ate it.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed in length more times than I can count here and most posts are still wrong regarding what's different. The frame is identical 35 to 37 truck, so are the springs. You get different bump stops, 1in front shock shaft, front shocks have slightly different perch offering more preload, and notched rear panhard bar, that is it!

This post actually has pictures of what's different: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/installed-37s-on-gen3-35-raptor-no-issues.87003/

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with what has been said about the difference. But this is the same company that got rid of the torsen diff and said nothing.

I've seen no difference in the bumper, trailer hitch or crossmember. Also the non sense about the forces created by such a bigger tire, come on, they weight 4 pounds more per tire and are two inches larger.

I understand they designed these to be jumped, but I'd imagine they were over engineered yo be able to handle 37s on a 35 truck.
You are not missing much with a torsen diff trust me. I did a regear on a shitbox wagoneer with a amc 360 in it. The guy talked me into fitting it with a torsen front and I hated how the torque steer on the torsen used to pull me in the opposite direction I wanted to go. I also did that on the street at 30-40 mph in low traction conditions. I hated it. You are better off with a selectable locker 1000%. Trust me on this. If the rpm differential is not correct it will still spin the tire without traction while the one with does nothing…

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
You are not missing much with a torsen diff trust me. I did a regear on a shitbox wagoneer with a amc 360 in it. The guy talked me into fitting it with a torsen front and I hated how the torque steer on the torsen used to pull me in the opposite direction I wanted to go. I also did that on the street at 30-40 mph in low traction conditions. I hated it. You are better off with a selectable locker 1000%. Trust me on this. If the rpm differential is not correct it will still spin the tire without traction while the one with does nothing…
Oh I'm not complaining about it like I've seen some people. Just was speaking to how Ford does something without telling people. It was part of a package that mysteriously disappeared ha

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ha. I remember for the 1st month I had the truck and the trq steer made me think the truck was broken from the lot.