Why not just get an FX4 then mod it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lets not forget the stronger axles front/rear (someone on here mentioned 32 or 21 spline axles).

honestly i wouldnt have bought one if the resale value wasnt so solid, you wont get that in a fx4.

31 front / 34 rear vs 28/31 regular f150 ;)

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my FX4 yesterday and my raptor should get built next week. woohoo! i also sold my house yesterday on a side note. 5/3/12 is a lucky day! my fx4 was a great truck. it had everything i wanted. i ordered it to spec. in the end it just wasnt a raptor. raptors have been holding their value like CRAZY around here. ive seen them 2 years old with 30K miles selling for invoice!!!! i was lucky to get out of my fx4 and break even. im hoping the raptor will be as kind. my fx4 had the same features as a premium raptor. in the end it still wasnt a raptor. i have a stock raptor front and rear suspension along with factory front fenders. i was fixing to put all that on the fx4. at the end of the day, i couldnt see tearing up a $48.5K truck with used parts. call me dumb, i could have had my fake raptor, but it still wouldnt be the same. good luck with your decision.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is food for thought.. Ford produces close to 2 million vehicles a year.. And only 12,000 are svt Raptors, or 0.6% of Fords yearly production..

-Greg

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my top 5 on why to go the Raptor route. Pretty obvious.

1. The look. Such an angry stance with an angry inside.
2. Resale value. Compare on Autotrader a Raptor and any super modded FX4.
3 The fact that the FX4's are a dime a dozen and the Raptors are pretty damn rare.
4. All the off road options.
5. I mean, have you seen these things??

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it, the Raptor is the most capable production vehicle ever made.
Hummers are a lot of plastic with a few metal bits holding them together.
Porsches and BMWs can only go where road crews have already been with their heavy equipment, asphalt and concrete.
Subarus and Jeeps are for where bulldozers have been and gravel has been laid.
If you want to go "where no one has gone before" you will need either a Raptor, a horse, or a pair of hiking boots.

Last edited:

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's not! I paid exactly $42,000 for my 2011 Raptor. I didn't buy many options - only the Raptor Plus Package (rear camera and trailer brake controller) and the Tailgate Step.

Not to keep piling on Whistler but I got my Raptor (everything except nav package and graphics) for 43k. I had made up my mind to only do a retail order (the 4 month wait sucked), but it scored me the great deal.

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it, the Raptor is the most capable production vehicle ever made.
Hummers are a lot of plastic with a few metal bits holding them together.
Porsches and BMWs can only go where road crews have already been with their heavy equipment, asphalt and concrete.
Subarus and Jeeps are for where bulldozers have been and gravel has been laid.
If you want to go "where no one has gone before" you will need either a Raptor, a horse, or a pair of hiking boots.

Touche man. Touche

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of a hijack, but I let all my friends who are in love with chevy talk so much shit about my purchase. One of them swears up and down that he could buy a Silverado 1500 and spend the money left over (comparison in pricing), to mod it and make a better truck.

I deny it all day long, but his idea of fun is "mud ridin" and he swears up and down that NASCAR is more difficult that Formula 1 racing. Is he purely ignorant, or is he right... not on the NASCAR thing, but the truck thing.

Is it possible to buy a truck that costs less, and spend as much money to equal it out to a Raptor's price to make it a better truck?