Why not just get an FX4 then mod it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philosoraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I am going to get a ton of sh*t on this thread but thats ok I need to be persuaded as mine is being built in a few days but thinking of just getting a fully loaded FX4 for 36K then doing my own mods... I am paying 17K more for the Raptor... Why? Please tell me why I need to go forth with my Raptor...

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
17K more? I paid 42K, so I think your getting rapped their. I have a buddy with an 09 FX4_ and we park next to each other and the presence of the Raptor just towers over his FX4. It's stance is one of a kind. I can't tell you how many people stop to check out my truck or snap pics of it. Hell I actually got a compliment today when I was leaving a 7-11 lol. But anyways your gona have to sink some money into a FX4 for it to hang with a Raptor. Whats more limited of a truck and is going to have better resale when and if you decide to sell it too. But it comes down to what you want =)

PS94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start slapping mods on the FX4 and watch large parts of your warranty waft away with the breeze. and, like stated, the SVT Raptor resale is amazing compared to the regular fords, which drop a ton once they're off the lot....That was a big factor in my choice of the Rap. used 2012 Denali, and King ranch, as soon as they get off the lot and a few 1000kms, lost 20K. Raptors, with 10,000kms on them, were the same price as new, because it was in stock...

FORDONLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a FX4 with level kit ....xd rims ....nitto TG,s ....Th etruck has been great and looks great....i was at a west marine about a month ago and a brand new raptor parked right next to me......no comparison....it was bigger....higher and meaner looking ...plus the warranty is a big plus.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Resale value. You'll be selling an FX4 and it won't matter what the mods are.

Does the FX4 have a 6.2L option? I don't think that it does.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
That's a good deal if your getting a loaded fx4 for 34. They are in the mid 40s loaded new. But the mods add up fast. Tires and rims will be over $2000. Suspension will be several thousand dollars. Your rear axle wont be the heavier raptor axle. It won't have off road mode to keep the airbag from blowing off road, or remap the engine and transmission, or the brakes. You can get an ecoboost which would be a plus in the fx4 if that's your thing.
But in the end, there are some cool trucks out there, but if you put a raptor next to it, guess which one gets all the attention.