why did you decide to get a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! the Raptor gets the best gas mileage out of all my toys :)

I bought mine after going out to Glamis and having a electrical problem with Dodge.

That's actually a good point. My other vehicles range from 8-11 mpg, except the Bullitt and bikes. But those aren't daily drivers.

Kinds funny, my garage queens get at LEAST double the mpg of my daily drivers.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My brother tells me that Ford is going to have a street legal TT and I'm thinking no way. So when Ford released it I went to the dealership to see one, but no dealership ever had one in stock. So I forget about it, then I need a new truck but everything at the big three falls short. I go home and Google whats the most BadAss truck?
The rest is History!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine after I figured out I only drove my Jeep 1,120 miles in one year. The Jeep was way too small for the wife, dog, ice chest and other crap I drag around. Plus the Jeep was just not the right vehicle since I now lived in the desert. Sold the Jeep, the boring 2008 F150 we had and got the Raptor. It does everything the F150 & Jeep did but with a hell of lot more fun added.

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford had one on display, Molten Orange SCAB, at the Air Venture Air Show in Oshkosh, WI back in `10. Fell in love the moment I saw it. Had to get my daughter off to college and those funds all set before I could make one mine.

As of December 6th I have a `13 Silver Screw taking up an inordinate amount of space in the driveway, and I love it. Keep peeking out the window to make sure it's really there and I haven't dreamed the whole thing.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted one as soon as I saw the spy photos, then my Wife got pregnant and I freaked out and sold my SRT8 Jeep and bought a 2011 Jeep Overland "Hemi". After about 2 weeks I hated the Jeep, felt like an old man SUV and the Hemi was a joke in addition to a lot of problems. So after 6 months I almost bought an FX4 Ecoboost but my 10 yo nephew said "may as well get a Raptor", so I ordered the Raptor and took a huge loss on the Jeep but it was worth it.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
short answer.....because its fawking awesome!

srsly i was just getting bored of my last truck. i spent lots of money on it modding it doint lift, tires, rims, full stereo system w/ tv's, full custom exhaust including headers, etc.... the list goes on and on and i wasnt happy with it. some mods made the truck have some issues. so i fixed what i could and unloaded it. i figured well the raptor is so bad ass in its stock form i wont mod it much at all, just do some visual stuff and exhaust and i will be ok with that. well that was just a thought. i also like the fact u dont see many of them. the 411hp/434 lbs tq helped. i also like how its a truck with performance in mind but inside it has all the luxury things that i want like.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always have had a 4x4. Always said that if svt came out with a 4x4 I would get one. Sold my 3 trucks. 2 4x4s. And a lightning. That was the deal I made with the wife. So now down to one truck. And it is the best yet. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Wife made me do it!

My wife works for Ford Moter Credit and we didn't drive a Ford! Not good for a Ford employee, so she was bugging me that we should buy a Ford. I told her the ONLY Ford I would conceder was a Raptor. The rest is history

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spend too much time in a vehicle to drive a POS!

I've got a 700+ rwhp 2000 Harley F-150 truck that runs 10's for a weekend ride. I bought a second identical 2000 Harley F-150 in 2009 with only 898 on the clock bone stock, bought it to be my daily driver. Was really cool to have a basically BRAND NEW 9 year old truck. Started modding it but all the mods I had already done to the other truck, everything was old news, and no matter what, it was still the slower version of my exact same other truck with quadruple the power lol. Even supercharged it, got it up to 1/2 the power of the faster HD lol, but still always wished I was driving the faster one. Novelty of twin trucks wore off after 2 years.

Decided I needed something new and different. Wasn't the biggest fan of the Raptor from photos, but after buying a blown '04 lightning, swapping a stock motor back in it, and driving it for 2 months before flipping it for a profit, I was VERY impressed by all the small differences the SVT lightning had, that my non-SVT harley truck didn't have. SVT really does address a lot of small details that are often overlooked. It opened my eyes that SVT's are beyond just a performance trim level thrown together, it's really a full package with all details addressed as a full package.

Unfortunately a Lightning wasn't enough of a truck for my DD duties, needed more cab space, needed towing capability for 7k+ lbs, and the more all-weather capable the better (was a PITA having to swap to winter tires on my HD truck, and still have to be concerned about f'ing the lowered 2wd truck up in deep snow, not to mention looking like chit 3-4 months of the year with snow tires on). And sick and tired of black for a DD, and always looking fugly when it's dirty.

The raptor that 2 years earlier didn't raise my eyebrow, really peaked my interest. SVT model so sure it was as above and beyond with all those small details as the gen 2 lightning was, crew cab for copious amounts of room, family friendly for the future, fully capable of my towing needs and more, all-terrain and all-weather friendly, and looks badazz in colors other than black, not to mention even looks badazz when it's filthy! Instantly sold. I emailed Randy and told him the day the 2012 order bank opens, place my order. I never sat in one, never test drove one, never even saw one in person up close, just knew I had to have one. My 1st time driving one was after paying $20k down and taking the keys lol. Match made in heaven haha.

Last edited: