Why buy a Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I will just be quiet & pay attention to what you write.

lol nice, i like your style on that one nice touch of condescending old guy. ;) I would suggest not listening to a e-goon like myself. You may end up becoming a bitter old man (im working towards that goal my self).

:********:

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sure didn't need to have a truck, much less a 4X4 truck, and far much less an off-road, high powered, gorgeous beast, but...

I just HAD to have a Raptor.

dabsdb

Reaction score
lol nice, i like your style on that one nice touch of condescending old guy. ;) I would suggest not listening to a e-goon like myself. You may end up becoming a bitter old man (im working towards that goal my self).

:********:

Not condescension, intelligence. I may be getting slower but not senile. I haven't forgot the lessons learned as an intern making rounds with old docs that make what you write seem tame. I still avoid debating those who know more than me.

The saying back then was: When swimming in shark infested waters & you see blood, don't waste time trying to stop the bleeding. Just get out of the water faster than your buddy.

dabsdb

Reaction score
if yous is looking fer smarts, us done found the wrong man.

:)

I feel a hustle coming & I ain't biting. Still in learning mode & working on my creative use of internet insults. Will get back to you when I am a more worthy opponent, then look out. :peace:

Bad company

Reaction score
Nobody needs a Raptor. Unless maybe you are out in the desert patrolling the border.

Period.

Ther are cheaper vehicles out there that go faster (uh most anything), are more economical (uh, also most anything), tow more (F250 etc.), carry more (>5,5' bed), and seat more people (vans, SUVs etc.). A stock Jeep Wrangler is MUCH cheaper and can go just about anywhere a Raptor can and some places it cannot (narrower, shorter, lighter). Nobody needs to go 80MPH offroad.

But for me, I'd feel sick having paid $2k less for a modded FX4 for that 1' of extra bed space. Maybe that storage is absolutely critical, but dayum. The Raptor just looks so badass.

I don't need a Raptor, an '85 civic with bald tires would take me 95% of the places that I've gone in the Raptor, and 100% of the places I NEEDED to go.

99% of us really hardly EVER use the full capability of our vehicles (you haven't until you get stuck). Yet we tool around with 35" tires, 4WD, lockers, lift kits, winches, snorkels, and off road lights; most of which just gets in the way at the drive-through.

We have all this crap because we love knowing that when the zombie apocalypse comes, we will be prepared. And uh, because it looks cool. I pray for 4' of snow every winter, just so I can drive by stuck Priiii. Punks. Chicks, for the most part, don't dig all this crap; Cleetus does. *sniff

I do love my Raptor, I get 14.5 MPG on average, paid $38k for a 2010 5.4, Luxury package, bed extender, and molten orange paint. If gas prices go up, I'll move closer to work.

The Raptor is a luxury. And I love mine.

Banned
Reaction score
I go 90 mph down back roads in my mini van.

Everyone sell your raptors and buy a mini van.

-Sent from my iPhone

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
99% of us really hardly EVER use the full capability of our vehicles (you haven't until you get stuck). Yet we tool around with 35" tires, 4WD, lockers, lift kits, winches, snorkels, and off road lights; most of which just gets in the way at the drive-through.

The Raptor is a luxury. And I love mine.

I can contentedly state that I'm in that other 1%, and wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.