who wants extra length on their aux wires!? pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Haha right! Either a sticky or birdman can put the link in his upfitter how to thread. I don't care.

:bigbird: See if the bird signal works

Last edited:

ditchpanther

Reaction score
This thread turned what I thought was a two beer job then headed to a six beer job back into a three beer job; thank you kindly for the thread! Great help lengthening the wires which I did only by using a razor blade and tracing the tape up to the fire wall. Damn you Ford for not wiring these straight through to the wires terminating under the hood. Makes no sense for duplication resulting in the same function. Someone deserves a slap to the face for this. Now for fitting the fog lights into the bumper holes using Rigid's fog light mounting kit which so far has been great fun. Do they try the installation from an end user's stand point or just say oh hey this should work? What a pain this has turned out to be, but it's turning out. Eventually. Note: I'm somewhat mechanically savvy but don't do this for a living. I've wired numerous home theater systems and some auto. A friend helping me builds custom motorcycles and agrees this is not the greatest logical setup from the factory wiring to the light mounts but in the end it will work properly and I guess that's all that matters.

ditchpanther

Reaction score
I'll have go for another beer run, the remainder ended up only lasting halfway though the light mounting. But good god now that they're in it's cause for celebration! They look sharp although I foresee a bumper adjustment beer expenditure in my future. This forum has proved invaluable. Many thanks, FRF. V/r

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good right up. Too bad I read it a day late. Lol

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of us are scratching our heads wondering why we didn't think of that. lol Good call.