Only five Aux upfitter wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodag

Reaction score
I am putting a nice set of KC ERA 4s on my pillars today and when I dug out the red taped aux wires I only have five. Of course the missing one is the wire to switch one. Also the pass through wires wrapped in white tape are missing wire one. Is my math wrong or did I get ripped from the factory? Barring something I am totally missing, my temp solution is to wire up switch two for the main beams and switch three for the 20230722_151735.jpg20230722_151735.jpgaccent lights on the ERA 4s.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Do you have the 2 factory fog lights? Thought I read that one of them is on uplifter 1, so might not be in that bundle.

stamper

Reaction score
Aux 1 is wired to the inner pair of factory fog lights. The outer pair is wired to the fog light switch on the headlight knob. I found this out adding a really nice SVP lower grill LED light bar. Stumped me for a bit as well. One thing to note, the factory rigid aux lights are low powered POS's. I just put in a set of 4 high powered lights in their place (again from SVP, they seem very competent). I wired all 4 to Aux 1, and it works very well. All you need is an adapter and some wiring skills. I wanted to get them away from the headlight switch button, because that is set up to turn off when you turn on the high beams. As set up now, I can melt bugs before they reach the truck :) This is on a 2 week old 2023. My previous gen 1 (late 2016 purchase, 2017 model year) had a bunch of AUX lights I added as well. But I like the Lower behind the grill mount. It is stealthy.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am putting a nice set of KC ERA 4s on my pillars today and when I dug out the red taped aux wires I only have five. Of course the missing one is the wire to switch one. Also the pass through wires wrapped in white tape are missing wire one. Is my math wrong or did I get ripped from the factory? Barring something I am totally missing, my temp solution is to wire up switch two for the main beams and switch three for the View attachment 417229View attachment 417229accent lights on the ERA 4s.

You must have factory Rigid fogs. They steal Aux1 and relocate it to the fog opening so your 2nd fog light is utilizing it

While we're on the topic of upfitters... can I just say that whatever engineer at Ford decided it was a good idea to BURRY the upfitters in the fender flare is an IDIOT. Like, seriously? We complained on the Gen2 how short the wires were. They FIXED that on the Broncos and then totally messed it up on the Gen3 Raptors. Made it even worse.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
can I just say that whatever engineer at Ford decided it was a good idea to BURRY the upfitters in the fender flare is an IDIOT.
You can. But you should say ...was a good idea to BURY the upfitters...
+1.
It was a ‘hack’ in the early days of Jen Too to have the stealership service department dig out the up fitters as a part of the PDI to save the embarrassing trip back to service to, you know FIND THEM.
Like, seriously? We complained on the Gen2 how short the wires were. They FIXED that on the Broncos and then totally messed it up on the Gen3 Raptors. Made it even worse.
Because Ford is not really proud of or even really supports the F150 Raptor. They build it begrudgingly, shaking their marketing heads ruefully, while at the same time promoting the living shît out of the Braptor and Ranger series.
Don’t believe me? Look at the Ford Performance catalog of parts available for each. Now, which vehicle do you think will be around in 5 years?

The RR’s days are already numbered at TRX end of life +1 day. The F150 Raptor will hang on for 1 more model year, maybe. But Broncos? They’re like cockroaches and will survive the apocalypse and Ford bankruptcy... :-/

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can. But you should say ...was a good idea to BURY the upfitters...
+1.
It was a ‘hack’ in the early days of Jen Too to have the stealership service department dig out the up fitters as a part of the PDI to save the embarrassing trip back to service to, you know FIND THEM.

Because Ford is not really proud of or even really supports the F150 Raptor. They build it begrudgingly, shaking their marketing heads ruefully, while at the same time promoting the living shît out of the Braptor and Ranger series.
Don’t believe me? Look at the Ford Performance catalog of parts available for each. Now, which vehicle do you think will be around in 5 years?

The RR’s days are already numbered at TRX end of life +1 day. The F150 Raptor will hang on for 1 more model year, maybe. But Broncos? They’re like cockroaches and will survive the apocalypse and Ford bankruptcy... :-/

Reminds of of the F150 Lightning. The OG performance Truck that disappeared (then came back, but after having a sex change operation)

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aux 1 is wired to the inner pair of factory fog lights. The outer pair is wired to the fog light switch on the headlight knob. I found this out adding a really nice SVP lower grill LED light bar. Stumped me for a bit as well. One thing to note, the factory rigid aux lights are low powered POS's. I just put in a set of 4 high powered lights in their place (again from SVP, they seem very competent). I wired all 4 to Aux 1, and it works very well. All you need is an adapter and some wiring skills. I wanted to get them away from the headlight switch button, because that is set up to turn off when you turn on the high beams. As set up now, I can melt bugs before they reach the truck :) This is on a 2 week old 2023. My previous gen 1 (late 2016 purchase, 2017 model year) had a bunch of AUX lights I added as well. But I like the Lower behind the grill mount. It is stealthy.
Thank you!! Well that’s pretty annoying considering I have my relays close to where the other aux wires are lol. Aux 1 is the only upfitter I have left and wanted to use it for upgraded fogs.