Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shade_M16

Reaction score
I have a 2020 raptor and I just installed some lights into the front bumper. I found the two sets of 6 wires under the hood. According to the manuel (I will include a pic of it), Set A is suppose to be wired hot and set B are the pass through wires that go behind the kick plate on the passenger side(shouldn't need those). With the key on and/or started(tried both) the aux switches on the inside light up when the headlights are turned on so I know they are getting power up there. Neither set of the 6 wires are hot and switches seem to do nothing when turned on or off. I checked the fuses which were good fuses but they were not getting power. I pulled the fuse out and checked the box directly and again no power. Nothing in else in the truck has a power problem, everything works.

Now I am confused and I don't know what else to do. I hate the idea of taking it to the dealer, hard to believe they didn't get wired in properly. Anyone else had this problem? Is there something that I am missing? Thank you all for any help.

Attachments

• 20230621_101102.jpg
    20230621_101102.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 39

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Connect up with FORSCAN and check for DTC’s.
Not sure about the up fitters, but the rest of the truck is networked. overload a circuit, a module DTC will be set, disabling some features. Again I’m not sure about the up fitters but it’s worth a look.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
asking just to be sure, but are the lights are grounded?
Yes they are, I touch the wire to the positive and the lights come on. It's just the wires that are supposed to be hot are not. Both sets were taped up so I know they hadn't been used before. I just got the truck a month ago and it only had one prior owner and 5k miles on it. I just don't know what could have happened to make those wires not hot.

Last edited:

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skimmed thru some threads, i hope this helps

The switch illumination is powered by separate power and ground circuits, so they will still light up blue regardless of relay power. The switch power comes from Fuse F2 in the BCM, which is powered by the Accessory Delay Relay. The Accessory Delay Relay also powers the rear windows and rear sliding window, so of those are working then the relay is functioning.

Possibilities include an Open at Fuse F2 in the BCM, an open between the BCM and switches, an open between the switches and BJB, or a bad ground at the BJB (G102).

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
The amp draw on the lights is 4.5amps. Rear cab windows work fine but I dont have a rear sliding window on mine. I need to find a diagram of the fuse box for the 2020 3.5l raptor, I dont know if they are the same as the standard 2020 f-150 with the 3.5l.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
skimmed thru some threads, i hope this helps
I looked at the post and I don't understand where Fuse F2 is or where F2 accessory delay relay is. Fuse #2 is the cooling fan. I am looking at the 2020 raptor fuse box diagram and I don't see that in there. Could someone explain a little more on this?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using the upfitter wires and not the pass through wires? My owners manual was wrong about orientation . If you have key on and switches on, you can check with a test light to see which wires have power

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
Are you using the upfitter wires and not the pass through wires? My owners manual was wrong about orientation . If you have key on and switches on, you can check with a test light to see which wires have power
Yes I stated in my original post that I ended up checking both sets of 6 wires. Neither of the two sets have power and the fuses that go with each upfitter switch doesn't have power in the fuse box, even with the fuse out and checking directly from the box. I want to understand more about the f2 accessory delay relay and its location that FordTechOne posted about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter