Who is Towing a Travel Trailer and what are your experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guithues

Reaction score
6k wakeboat from Lake Havasu to Orange County at 80-90mph across I-40 in 114 degree heat - No problem. Crazy. Yep rear spring sag, but the KO-2 are so wide that the rig is stable.

The sumo springs slapping made the ride suck so bad my wife made me get out of the car and remove them mid trip (If you want them free just lemme know and pay for shipping)

dboat

Reaction score
I have a 19 Screw and am thinking of a 21 foot 4000 lb Winnie. After reading, I should be ok with a WDH on it. It has dual axles, not sure if there are brakes on each axle though.
Just me and the wife plus the dogs, but it sounds as long as I put most of the stuff in the trailer, I should be ok.
Any suggestions?

joey185

Reaction score
WDH it will be easy. Mine is 3800lbs and is perfect. I had airbags modified to my truck and have never had to put air in them. Probably going to remove them. Just put it in tow mode.

OP
OP
K

Knobbie

Reaction score
Here's a related question, I'm going on a trip and will be hooking up the trailer without a Spotter. Who has done that, with or without backup camera. Is there something I can buy to help? Thanks all.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some Deaver +3 HDs recently since i killed my stock springs from jumping. Have RPG collars up front and i'm back to having the rear a tad higher unloaded. I carry a jack, 1 trailer spare and tools 100% of the time.
I recently bought a 22foot Aluma open trailer to tow my 2 UTVs. Should be around 5500 lbs loaded up so will shoot for 500lb tongue weight plus what i have in my bed/cab.