GEN 2 Who is interested in a Whipple Stage 1 Group Buy?

interested in whipple stage1?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy that lives down road from me that has a 17 raptor with the whipple stage 1 kit on it, that is the only upgrades he has, On my 18 I have larger IC, afe cai, afe down pipes, spd turbo adapters, Borla atak, with 5 star tune, we have a dead end road that offers us a good place to run our trucks vs each other and every time my truck pulls away from his, from start all way to where we have to start letting out of it. It’s not like my truck blows his doors off or nothing but he definitely has no chance when we race. I’m guessing it’s the downpipes, turbo adapters and Borla exhaust giving me the advantage since both tunes are suppose to only be giving our trucks 65 extra HP, that is what whipple told him and what 5 star told me. So I can definitely say that the downpipes, exhaust and adapters make a very noticeable difference on raptor aslong as both our tunes are the same 65hp like we were told. His whipple setup is sweet though and I’m alittle jealous of it cause he doesn’t need to change tunes to tow or nothing.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy that lives down road from me that has a 17 raptor with the whipple stage 1 kit on it, that is the only upgrades he has, On my 18 I have larger IC, afe cai, afe down pipes, spd turbo adapters, Borla atak, with 5 star tune, we have a dead end road that offers us a good place to run our trucks vs each other and every time my truck pulls away from his, from start all way to where we have to start letting out of it. It’s not like my truck blows his doors off or nothing but he definitely has no chance when we race. I’m guessing it’s the downpipes, turbo adapters and Borla exhaust giving me the advantage since both tunes are suppose to only be giving our trucks 65 extra HP, that is what whipple told him and what 5 star told me. So I can definitely say that the downpipes, exhaust and adapters make a very noticeable difference on raptor aslong as both our tunes are the same 65hp like we were told. His whipple setup is sweet though and I’m alittle jealous of it cause he doesn’t need to change tunes to tow or nothing.

Interesting .... I’ll be running the whipple kit with spd adaptors wonder how much of a difference it will make compared to no spd

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is this 91 or 93?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who lives down the street from a guy that knows a guy with a Whipple Stage 1. His uncle's best friends attorney has one as well. When one of their friends that also has a Stage 1 Gen2 raptor raced a Lamborghini Huracan, it beat it- but that was just what I heard from my buddy who lives in Florida.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, I put 93 daily driver tune on truck yesterday (5 star) this morning just earlier I was doing 100mph or so and wrench popped up on dash and truck lost almost all power, so on side road I reflashed the performance tune and it seems ok now.. so wtf happened? Is this the limp mode I read others say they experienced with 5 star tune ? Looks like I might be ordering the whipple tune after all. Plz tell about how your whipple tune is so far.. should I buy or no? I’m little scared to run my 5 star tune now

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

@guy didn’t u mention some limp mode u had with tune I’m running

chattermark

Reaction score
Does anyone have the whipple installation instructions? Want to make sure I have all the parts/tools before the kit arrives. Thanks in advance.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes

And it’ll do it with the performance tune as well eventually.

MPT is flawless.

Update, I put 93 daily driver tune on truck yesterday (5 star) this morning just earlier I was doing 100mph or so and wrench popped up on dash and truck lost almost all power, so on side road I reflashed the performance tune and it seems ok now.. so wtf happened? Is this the limp mode I read others say they experienced with 5 star tune ? Looks like I might be ordering the whipple tune after all. Plz tell about how your whipple tune is so far.. should I buy or no? I’m little scared to run my 5 star tune now

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

@guy didn’t u mention some limp mode u had with tune I’m running

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I did not feel comfortable running a tune that totally wrenches the truck. Rumor has it.... it’s due to a timing spike/fuel delivery issue.

I dont know if that’s harmful... but again... who wants to wrench on the highway and lose all power?

MPT makes more ponies, smoother tranny, smarter tranny logic, and is priced right.

You already have an NGauge. Why you gonna go waste a bunch of money at whipple?

Status
Not open for further replies.