who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roxxxstr

Reaction score
Doesn't Waze have to be updated through Apple for it to work in CarPlay?

Also, can you turn on the WiFi tethering option on your iPhone to have the Sync connect to that to check for a updates and download any available updates so you don't have to drive into your living room to get a connection?

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
few have tried and reported it has some improvements over older 3.0 versions

change log for 18025 is

1. sound quality improvement over 17276
2. improvement for voice recognition
3. bug fix over ios 11.2.5 with applink

Not to discourage anyone from the update, but it looks like some are reporting a pain in the ass over questionable "sound improvement", never working for everyone voice recognition and anything "iOS" or Android -related crap that should've been integrated in the dashboard (Apple and Google will allow this sooner or later as they know that the current "G-Play" and "CarPlay" implementation is a piece of crap due to $$$-related bad relationship with car manufacturers) in the first place

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not to discourage anyone from the update, but it looks like some are reporting a pain in the ass over questionable "sound improvement", never working for everyone voice recognition and anything "iOS" or Android -related crap that should've been integrated in the dashboard (Apple and Google will allow this sooner or later as they know that the current "G-Play" and "CarPlay" implementation is a piece of crap due to $$$-related bad relationship with car manufacturers) in the first place

link?

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

links to said 18025 version?

:win:

smurfslayer

Reaction score

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Read/watch CNET’s Brian Cooley. Easy to google.
He’s a pro on the topic unloke me. But i totally agree - carply and android auto in its current iteration is junk. Why? Because it’s not integrated into your dash.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Read/watch CNET’s Brian Cooley. Easy to google.
He’s a pro on the topic unloke me. But i totally agree - carply and android auto in its current iteration is junk. Why? Because it’s not integrated into your dash.

I’d like those 5 minutes of my life back. 1st 2 pages show links from 2015.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

are you looking for the autoinstall file?

at first I was, then I was looking for identifiers, and there wasn’t an obvious indicator what files were for what vehicles. Too much chance for ******** things up.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like those 5 minutes of my life back. 1st 2 pages show links from 2015.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

at first I was, then I was looking for identifiers, and there wasn’t an obvious indicator what files were for what vehicles. Too much chance for ******** things up.

I had that too but if you changed your mind then that is that