Whiteish slime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Budguzler

Reaction score
Poking around today, I noticed this slime in the overflow tank and some in the filler neck. Any ideas wtf it's from ? Will be stopping by the stealership to see what they have to say but I'm assuming this ain't normal. Btw its a 2010 6.2 with 22K miles .

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 63
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 69

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
ruh roh. is it just me or does that look like oil in your coolant? that can only mean a handful of things and none of them are good.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Hmm,didn't know it was piped to the rad. But it's super clean and at proper level.
It is not supposed to be. Motor oil in coolant is a sure sign of something broken / cracked inside of the engine (oil cooler at the filter, block or a cylinder head).

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you the original owner? Could be stop leak build up if someone put a lot in.

If it is a head gasket, there are a few other ways you can try to figure out it.
1) look at your oil cap, does it have condensation in it? If so, could be blown.
2) white colored exhaust when it's running.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to offer a thin thread of hope. You have less mileage than I do, so that makes me wonder, is your Raptor driven enough? Lots of start it up, and only drive one or two miles wont allow the engine to reach operating temp & "boil off" any condensation in the engine oil. if this is the case, do a oil change, flush out the reservoir tank, wipe out the rad neck and make a point of allowing the engine to reach full temp, even of that involves just driving around.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's really not good.... The dealer might want to check your oil cooler to see if its leaking. I know mine leaked because I had to replace it when my truck had only a few thousand miles and the oil and coolant started to mix.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Yeah that's really not good.... The dealer might want to check your oil cooler to see if its leaking. I know mine leaked because I had to replace it when my truck had only a few thousand miles and the oil and coolant started to mix.

OK I know my truck has this as well and I noticed in my security camera the mechanic cleaning the sides of the reservoir while he was doing a trans flush.
I figured it was just maybe the coolant had bubbled and left a residue on the sides.
No?