Whipple 3rd party tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boomer I think it's best to call them, while they do monitor the forums a little they can't monitor every forum (100s of them) with Whipple questions.

I shot Mike an email this morning to straighten out some miscommunications.
I was surprised he took care of it so fast.

In any case do you have a build thread?
I would love to see more info on this forum about Shelby American.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would check with Whipple but the last answer I received was that a Tune was not needed to run the bigger TB, the Whipple tune supported the Larger TB.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, I'm straighten out as well with the 3.250 and LT Headers.

Stock exhaust I would have to ask again, I forgot to ask Mike in the email. Sorry

I do want to stress that even though Whipples Tune supports the 3.250 (3 1/4") doesn't mean Whipple is saying your absolutely safe with more boost on a stock engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, I'm straighten out as well with the 3.250 and LT Headers.

Stock exhaust I would have to ask again, I forgot to ask Mike in the email. Sorry

Still since with the 3.250 it looks like guys are gettin 540 rwhp and experiencing engine failure I would still stay away lol or have whipple tunes

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after all this information I'm confused ,can i or can't have the whipple tune on my SCT as beck up and use anther vendor tune ?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after all this information I'm confused ,can i or can't have the whipple tune on my SCT as beck up and use anther vendor tune ?

You can order it with the sct tune at time of order, if you sent it in to be tuned you have to payfor the sct tune and then have either a dealer flash it back to stock or send it in and have it flashed. Then you can load the sct tune or a custom tune and switch between them if you wanted

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

Metro, first you need to send them your PCM to return it back to your stock OEM Tune from the encrypted Whipple/Ford Tune,
then you need to buy the SCT Whipple file and the scanner if you don't have one,
then you or Whipple can load the Whipple SCT Tune on the PCM, at the same time your stock OEM Tune would be backed up to the SCT scanner Tool.
After that you can do what you want with the SCT scanner tool.

Last edited: