591 RWHP Whipple Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What does the mono blade throttle body provide over the standard gt500 throttle body that usually comes with the whipple kit. Also how much rwhp do you believe you can run on the stock engine while still providing reliability and longevity?

We have dont testing on another Raptor using the Mono blade vs. Dual 65mm FRPP TB vs. Stock GT500 throttle body that comes in the kit. The Dual 65 gains about 15-20 RWHP through out the power band over the GT500 throttle body and the Mono blade was about 20-25 RWHP through out the power band over the GT500 stock TB. The throttle response is the best feeling, its snappy and responsive along with a good tune to dial it in and your golden!

JimIII

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
can you confirm that you tune is engine safe and provide reliability and state emission legal ?

Yes, considering we have had this package out for over a year with ZERO issues or failures.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

So with ethanol you'd get another what for hp

The local fuel is 10% ethanol and actually isn't really a horsepower inhibitor. It's more likely to run leaner and requires more fuel and less timing via the tune to keep the engine safe.

mike.s

Reaction score
If I have the stock throttle body that comes with the whipple, would I need a retune if I go with the Cobra jet mono blade?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the 172mm mono blade would be too much for a stock 6.2, you would need a real small pulley,
smaller than the 3.250 and your boost would be above 11 or 12 which is really not a safe area for a stock 6.2

The stock Whipple TB is twin 60mm (total 120mm), you can go to the twin 65mm or possibly Whipple's twin 68mm without a retune.

But please call Whipple and talk to Jeff in the Tuning department.

Last edited:

mike.s

Reaction score
But it looks so cool! :rockit:

These guys used it on this truck, but I guess they did headers too.

I'm thinking about doing headers, not sure.