Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

591 RWHP Whipple Raptor

Discussion in 'Whipple Superchargers' started by [email protected], Jan 24, 2014.

1. JimIII@JDM

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Darrel's 2013 F-150 Raptor 4 Door:
    JDM Whipple 650 HP package along with some other goodies to get this thing moving

Darrel has a 2005 Saleen Extreme car we built and is no novice when it comes to speed! So we suggested for starters, The JDM Whipple 650 HP Supercharger Package. This kit include the Massive 2.9L Whipple supercharger, it comes with larger 60lb/hr fuel injectors, NGK Iridium Spark plugs (16), a 3.250" Supercharger pulley for a little extra boost with the corresponding belt, and a SCT Xcalibrator 3 programmer that was used for dyno tuning. This is what you would call the Full Monty!

To help pull in the maximum amount of air for his supercharger a Ford Racing Super Cobra Jet Mono-blade throttle body was added. The Mono blade will improve throttle response and add up to 20 more HP! Darrel wanted to give the truck some more sound so a Kooks Full True Dual exhaust system with Long tube headers, high flow cat pipes, and true dual rear exit cat back were installed. This should help add more power, performance, and sound to Darrel's 6.2L engine. To help limit rotational mass on the drive train a Drive shaft Shop Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft was also added. This drive shaft is better balanced for high speeds and drops nearly 20 lbs from the drive train!

There are a few other Accessories that were installed along with these upgrades like Vortex Mud Guards, Ford Racing Auxiliary Fog lights, and a set of the discontinued FRPP Blue Valve covers.

The truck dyno tested and were very excited with the outcome! With the 650 HP Whipple package, Kooks True Dual exhaust, and Mono blade throttle body the truck ended up making 591 RWHP and 550 TQ!! This is the most we have made with a Whipple Supercharger for the Raptor trucks! We took 2 psi boost out of the truck and are down to around 550 RWHP now for safety of the stock engine. He is still running 93 octane and we know the limits of these engines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MTF likes this.
  2. metronyc

metronyc Full Access Member

looks nice , i have same Whipple SC set up but never got the numbers like that ..

3. Rookie

Rookie Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Looks good

4. BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP FRF Addict

What does the mono blade throttle body provide over the standard gt500 throttle body that usually comes with the whipple kit. Also how much rwhp do you believe you can run on the stock engine while still providing reliability and longevity?

5. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Jim111, I'm sorry I don't check the Vendor's thread often enough.
    I wish you would have mentioned that you posted something in this forum when I spoke with you three weeks ago, I would have and will bump this thread up to the 6.2 performance section.
    I'm very interested driving over to your shop now that my supplemental is about to expire.
    And with Whipple now offering the SCT tuner, this should increase the amount of guys willing to try other Tunes since it will be easier to switch back and forth.

6. BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP FRF Addict

Which supplemental did you have? And I think if you switch tunes with the sct tuner you lose your warranty which is huge with the engine failures we have seen.

7. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

I have the 3 year/36, middle of April it's up.

Not if you have and stay with the stock exhaust Tune.

8. BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP FRF Addict

Have you had any issues with your whipple over the past 3 years

9. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Other than the belt tensioner no.

10. BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP FRF Addict

Hopefully jdm will chime back in here.