GEN 2 Where to pull tweeter signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeTSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the B&O system, I realize almost all of the signals can be obtained from the rear amp harness and routing through the Zen with the exception of the tweeters which are handled by the headunit/front amp. How are you guys intercepting the tweeter signal? Are you splicing into that harness up front and running to the rear?

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the zen produces a front channel 1 and 2 ,that is the front door and the 2 tweeters , u disconnect the tweeters wires in the a pillar and run news wires from the tweeter location , to the output of the crossovers in the rear near the new amp .

OP
OP
J

JoeTSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people wouldn't pull the signal from the tweeters. What are you trying to accomplish?
I realize this and was wondering where you guys were getting your front soundstage signal to run TO the tweeters. I didn't realize the Zen was able to reproduce the front soundstage off of the rear harness. Just trying to map out this build and appreciate the inputs (pun intended).

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im doing the same thing ,I just ordered the zen ,pac also makes a speaker harness which I ordered , I have a amp board I ordered from sound good stereo . just need to pick out an amp and sub enclosure

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are planning to use a crossover then you would run new wire from the tweeters to the inputs on the crossovers. If you are planning to go active you'll run the new wires to the amp channels that control the tweeters.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldn't the amp feed the input of the crossover ,then the output would be the wires to the tweeters ?

joeyaoyp

Reaction score
When I install my new speaker I am thinking about the same thing. I ordered the harness for the factory plug behind the seats and found out that the signal is only going to the front door woofer. At the end, I just give up finding the tweeter wire and I mount my tweeter on the mirror screw cover. That saves a lot of time.