Wheels, Bumper Protection, Bed Cover, Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up All,

My first post as a Raptor owner. I come from 10+ Years of driving an F150 and finally got my Raptor. 2021 - White, 801A

Im looking to do a few mods as soon as possible but seems the aftermarket guys havent put anything out yet.

I daily drive my truck about 20K miles per year and park in NYC

Wheels - Looking for something that keeps the fantastic ride quality for the urban jungle that is NYC but also provides a sport style look

Bumper Protection - I've kept all my F150s mint over the years but noticed parking in NYC I get rashed on the corner edges of both front and back bumper? What would you guys suggest? Looks like no after market bumpers yet so maybe just some Xpel self healing film over them?
- Also taking suggestions for front plate holder. We have to display both front and back here. Ive owned the truck 5 day and have two front plate tickets already $130 - GONE

Bed Cover- Anyone have one yet? Ive done flip over in the past but Id like rollback for my raptor in something that is sturdy

Lights - Anyone doing additional lighting?

Looking forward to modding and driving the rubber off this bad boy.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! so you have to have a front and back paper plate? Texas is a 2 plate state but all of the paper plates i've ever gotten was just one in the rear. My truck has the "Ford" Retrax Pro XR and is nice. It's aluminum so it's pretty durable. Post a pic of the truck!

OP
OP
JJP023

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! so you have to have a front and back paper plate? Texas is a 2 plate state but all of the paper plates i've ever gotten was just one in the rear. My truck has the "Ford" Retrax Pro XR and is nice. It's aluminum so it's pretty durable. Post a pic of the truck!
If you are NYS resident buying from NY dealer, you can leave with brand new plates the day of purchase. I have two actual plates. One is affixed to the back but the other is sitting in my passenger seat. The dealer asked if I wanted them to throw on the bracket. I told them "no" because I thought they were going to drill the holes themselves. Found out that the holes are already pre drilled in the bumper from the factory.

I would def like something that hides away but can be show when parked.

The Retrax Pro looks great! Fits your 21' Raptor I'm assuming.

For wheels - I was thinking about 20inch Rebels in black but I feel like those are played out. Def want a sportier wheel than stock. I had Fuel Mavericks on my previous F150 and liked those. Open to all suggestions

Lighting - Havent seen anyone do anything after market yet. But I am considering it.

I also want to get bumper protection squared away asap. Those parking rashes on the corners of the bumper drive me mad!

20210930_111155.jpg
20210930_091756.jpg
20211004_142924.jpg

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are NYS resident buying from NY dealer, you can leave with brand new plates the day of purchase. I have two actual plates. One is affixed to the back but the other is sitting in my passenger seat. The dealer asked if I wanted them to throw on the bracket. I told them "no" because I thought they were going to drill the holes themselves. Found out that the holes are already pre drilled in the bumper from the factory.

I would def like something that hides away but can be show when parked.

The Retrax Pro looks great! Fits your 21' Raptor I'm assuming.

For wheels - I was thinking about 20inch Rebels in black but I feel like those are played out. Def want a sportier wheel than stock. I had Fuel Mavericks on my previous F150 and liked those. Open to all suggestions

Lighting - Havent seen anyone do anything after market yet. But I am considering it.

I also want to get bumper protection squared away asap. Those parking rashes on the corners of the bumper drive me mad!

View attachment 322650
View attachment 322651
View attachment 322652
First, props to you for navigating the city in a freaking Raptor. I get anxious just thinking about it and I am from NY.

+1 on the Ford branded Retrax. Your dealer should be able to get you one. It looks amazing on the Gen3. Only issue is it gets dirty as hell on the top when you roll it up and close it.

Finally, I would recommend having the bumpers wrapped in PPF. Should prevent scrapes and scratches, but it will not prevent dents and dings. All part of driving in the city. You should have yellow cab paint on those fenders real soon!

OP
OP
JJP023

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, props to you for navigating the city in a freaking Raptor. I get anxious just thinking about it and I am from NY.

+1 on the Ford branded Retrax. Your dealer should be able to get you one. It looks amazing on the Gen3. Only issue is it gets dirty as hell on the top when you roll it up and close it.

Finally, I would recommend having the bumpers wrapped in PPF. Should prevent scrapes and scratches, but it will not prevent dents and dings. All part of driving in the city. You should have yellow cab paint on those fenders real soon!
LOL! Its def a little crazy but its by far the best car I've daily'd in NYC - Coming from F150's, S-Classes and anything else ive driven in NYC. I'm a life long NYer so navigating this concrete jungle is in my DNA. Funny enough, I'll be in Dallas this weekend for the Cowboys vs Giants game (I'm a cowboy fan LOL). I'm open to all BBQ suggestions as well

Sounds like Retrax is my best bet. I took a look at them and they are exactly what I was looking for. I am assuming their is a locking mechanism as well? Just have to decide if Polycarbonate Vs. Aluminum.

I've done PPF on other cars and it def is a lifesaver. There isn't much that can stop dings and dents aside from steel bumpers but not sure If thats the route I want to go. Seems like some self healing Xpel PPF is my best bet for saving those bumper edges

Now wheels & plate holder need to be solved :think:

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! Its def a little crazy but its by far the best car I've daily'd in NYC - Coming from F150's, S-Classes and anything else ive driven in NYC. I'm a life long NYer so navigating this concrete jungle is in my DNA. Funny enough, I'll be in Dallas this weekend for the Cowboys vs Giants game (I'm a cowboy fan LOL). I'm open to all BBQ suggestions as well

Sounds like Retrax is my best bet. I took a look at them and they are exactly what I was looking for. I am assuming their is a locking mechanism as well? Just have to decide if Polycarbonate Vs. Aluminum.

I've done PPF on other cars and it def is a lifesaver. There isn't much that can stop dings and dents aside from steel bumpers but not sure If thats the route I want to go. Seems like some self healing Xpel PPF is my best bet for saving those bumper edges

Now wheels & plate holder need to be solved :think:
BBQ depends how far you want to go. If you want to stay in Dallas, I recommend Pecan Lodge. You need to get there early and be prepared to stand in line.

For Retrax, I would recommend aluminum. Yes, they lock. I am super happy with mine.

For plate holder, I have the front installed as it is mandatory in Texas. That said, many people relocate the bracket as the stock location blocks the bumper air entry. Mine is in the stock location for now, until I find a better solution.