Wheel Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I've tossed alot of ideas around like buying new rims, rims size, rim color. I decided to keep mine and go black. Thinking about color matching the beauty ring in LFG...thoughts?
C&C.PNG

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I think black and LFG will look great together, it will give you just enough difference so the rings stand out a little. Are you going to use powder coat?

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think black and LFG will look great together, it will give you just enough difference so the rings stand out a little. Are you going to use powder coat?
Indeed, got a friend to lend me his F150 rims/tires while this is being done. Still a month out from doing it.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id do them all black or keep the rings the same as they are. they match bumpers and flares. at least close

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Depending on the color of the truck bronze works. In my opinion it does not work with every color. Burnt bronze could be a good look. On black or AMB it would work.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the truck is perfect the way it is. I don’t think black wheels helps at all. Especially with the proposed busier look of the additional ring color. Another darker color doesn’t seem like the answer to me as the change wouldn’t really have much of an impact in my eyes. Bronze would be iffy on this truck. To me seems like enough black bits already on the truck. However, If you had to do black maybe a glossier black? Wdik, just spitballing here. Beautiful truck.

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I picked up some 18 take-offs that had new tires on them for $1500. This will give me something to get around on while mine are getting powder coated. Swapped them out this morning, removed center cap and beauty rings. Then delievered them to my local tire shop to be seperated. I'll drop them off for powder tomorrow after I get my pup back from the Vet. Satin Black with LFG beauty rings. Then I'll sell these 17" rims and my tires as they are not as in good as shape as these.
18 Rims.jpg