Wheel Insight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shofn006

Reaction score
I recently received my Gen 3 (35") Raptor. It has the standard, chrome/silver colored wheels. I do like the shape/design of them but I just don't love the color; I would much prefer black. My question would be, I know I could just buy new wheels but is there any reason to not just get the current ones powder coated?

XwerX

Reaction score
Powder coat away! Personally I would do a low gloss powder coat. If you like the style of the wheels there is no reason to replace them if you are ok with the powder coat option. I chose the base wheels as well, I like them over the 35 bead lock option. I really like the 37 bead lock option but wasn’t will to over spend in order to get those wheels.

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If you like the wheel and just not the color, powder coat away. No harm in it. Cost $140-$200 each wheel depending on where you live.

OP
OP
S

shofn006

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I was expecting something along the lines..."well you could powder coat...BUT....(insert a downfall)"

Sounds like it's a totally fine route to take.

OP
OP
S

shofn006

Reaction score
Powder coat away! Personally I would do a low gloss powder coat. If you like the style of the wheels there is no reason to replace them if you are ok with the powder coat option. I chose the base wheels as well, I like them over the 35 bead lock option. I really like the 37 bead lock option but wasn’t will to over spend in order to get those wheels.
I really like the 37s as well. That would be a good option if I can find a set to buy to make the switch then just have to deal with the hassle of selling the current wheels/tires.

OP
OP
S

shofn006

Reaction score
If you want the 37 wheel option, I would hold off powder coating the current wheels.

Edit:
Maybe you can talk @Stormtrooper into selling his R wheels.
There's a guy fairly close to me asking $3k for 37" tires and wheels he just took off his 2023. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's a decent price, right?