Wheel Insight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 wheels. New, <100 miles on them.
That is not a bad deal for what I have seen. I have seen just the wheels for more than that.
If you want to sell your wheels, post them on the Gen14 forum. All kinds of wannabe's there want a Fraptor.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I was expecting something along the lines..."well you could powder coat...BUT....(insert a downfall)"
Well, you could powder coat, but some members have found it leads to an unnatural attraction to goats. Your mileage may differ!

I was in the same spot on my Gen 2 and powder coated the wheels to match the gray of the flairs. It holds up REALLY well and I love the look. Here's a thread I did about the powder coating. Prismatic makes top of the line powders.
wheels-6-jpg.164011

img_8191-jpg.164010

img_8148-jpg.164009

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shofn006

Reaction score
That is not a bad deal for what I have seen. I have seen just the wheels for more than that.
If you want to sell your wheels, post them on the Gen14 forum. All kinds of wannabe's there want a Fraptor.
Thanks for the intel. I checked over at the Gen14 forum. Looks like if you post anything with the word "Raptor" in the title it sells. :hahano:

OP
OP
S

shofn006

Reaction score
Well, you could powder coat, but some members have found it leads to an unnatural attraction to goats. Your mileage may differ!

I was in the same spot on my Gen 2 and powder coated the wheels to match the gray of the flairs. It holds up REALLY well and I love the look. Here's a thread I did about the powder coating. Prismatic makes top of the line powders.
wheels-6-jpg.164011

img_8191-jpg.164010

img_8148-jpg.164009
Those turned out mighty pretty. This is making me lean towards the powder coating route. I also found a guy this AM with the same wheels as mine already powder coated in a black satin. Look pretty sharp and basically he can swap mine for his for 500 bucks. Good deal. Probably should ask which powder he is using.

OP
OP
S

shofn006

Reaction score
Finally made my decision. Did not end up going the powder coating route but bought a set of '23 take offs (the 35" tires with beadlock wheels) from another member here on FRF who's also in Vegas. Made for an easy exchange and my eyes are much happier with the new wheels ;)