What's up with Gen 2 prices recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
msrp is not going to meet current adm ridiculousness anytime soon.

Ford already ****** all of their buyers by raising the minimum raptor price by 20k in the last couple years.

And they did so because they eliminated the bottom package. All the options that used to be options are now standard.
Actually, Ford only ****** a few buyers that we're going to buy a low optioned truck to begin with. There never were many of them around anyway. Kind of a non-issue for most raptor folks.

If Ford raised the msrp 10k tomorrow and didn't allow adm, they would sell every one they could. It is the expected price now. Raptor MSRP raises aren't even keeping up with eggs and bacon. Supply chain shortages are just getting started, I don't think we've seen anything yet. China is locking down hundreds of millions under the guise of sickness. Bidenflation isn't going away either.

Best bet is to move to Ukraine and become an arms dealer, make bank from our Gov and come home and buy all the Raptors you want with our money. :biggun:

But, I may be way off base. :burnout:

raptor556

Reaction score
Actually, Ford only ****** a few buyers that we're going to buy a low optioned truck to begin with. There never were many of them around anyway. Kind of a non-issue for most raptor folks.

If Ford raised the msrp 10k tomorrow and didn't allow adm, they would sell every one they could. It is the expected price now. Raptor MSRP raises aren't even keeping up with eggs and bacon. Supply chain shortages are just getting started, I don't think we've seen anything yet. China is locking down hundreds of millions under the guise of sickness. Bidenflation isn't going away either.

Best bet is to move to Ukraine and become an arms dealer, make bank from our Gov and come home and buy all the Raptors you want with our money. :biggun:

That read like you look down upon those guys that didn't need ventilated seats and all that bs.

So yeah, ford did **** the buyers that want an off road ready truck without lane change bull-shit.

not a thing wrong with the guys that don't need all the options.

ford don't care about adm because that isn't being asked for by them and doesn't come back to them. thats dealer bs.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The old 800a went away for the same reason that the SCAB went away - neither were a high enough percentage of sales to make carrying it as a separate model profitable. Anyone expecting Ford to lose money(or make lower margins) so that they can have exactly what you want is being silly. The people doing the ******** of the customers are the ... customers. The only mistake Ford made was offering them in the first place. Lucky for you if that's what you wanted, but count yourself lucky, not entitled.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
That read like you look down upon those guys that didn't need ventilated seats and all that bs.

So yeah, ford did **** the buyers that want an off road ready truck without lane change bull-shit.

not a thing wrong with the guys that don't need all the options.

ford don't care about adm because that isn't being asked for by them and doesn't come back to them. thats dealer bs.

I am not looking down on anyone. You just simply don't see many Gen2's without paint matching mirrors and all the other jewelry. What do you reckon the reason is for that?

What do you figure the percentage of stripper raptors is? I guess 10%, but don't know for sure. Whatever that number is represents the percentage of people that Ford ******.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you figure the percentage of stripper raptors is? I guess 10%, but don't know for sure. Whatever that number is represents the percentage of people that Ford ******.
Gen 2, I'd guess 800a at <<1%, 801a at 5% at most, and the rest 802a. I got the 801a and found them fairly scarce. I think the only reason a manufacturer offers a stripper truck is so they can advertise "Starting at only $xxk". Nobody is actually supposed to buy them.

raptor556

Reaction score
I am not looking down on anyone. You just simply don't see many Gen2's without paint matching mirrors and all the other jewelry. What do you reckon the reason is for that?

I reckon that it didn't make as much money for ford, so they got rid of it.

stripper truck huh. what is there a seat delete and no AC option. haha

the point was the base price went up 20k, effectively putting the truck out of reach for the majority of people. No matter how many you think you do or don't see.

That has an effect on the base price moving forward being ******* 30% higher. Not cool.

Not everyone needs ventilated seats and cute ambiance lighting.

Last edited:

KAH 24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reckon that it didn't make as much money for ford, so they got rid of it.

stripper truck huh. what is there a seat delete and no AC option. haha

the point was the base price went up 20k, effectively putting the truck out of reach for the majority of people. No matter how many you think you do or don't see.

That has an effect on the base price moving forward being ******* 30% higher. Not cool.

Not everyone needs ventilated seats and cute ambiance lighting.

@raptor556 @GCATX

I believe Ford has been generous when it comes to Raptor. I’m stunned that they EVER made an 800a base model—of any Gen (1, 2, 3).

The Raptor is a halo vehicle by Ford performance (and formerly SVT).

If they’d only made the 801a and maxed out 802a—they’d have sold every one they made easily for MSRP. I won’t get into ADM.

At my OEM, our premium division halo/top line SUVs and cars are offered in one version—completely loaded with all options, except for a premium audio and perhaps a few trivial appearance items. We sell every one we make at a handsome profit. As you know, loaded vehicles are significantly more profitable—and a stripped version would diminish the halo concept. If you want cloth seats or fewer options—you can’t get them in our premium products.

Look at the halo vehicles by most OEMs—and you will see similar to what we do.

NOTE1: Operations/engineering are my background, and not marketing—but this is fairly straightforward as I’ve learned quite a bit about marketing via “osmosis” through working with brilliant colleagues. If we put cloth seats on our finest—most of our target consumers would buy from another OEM or pick a lower line vehicle from our parent company.

NOTE2: It has nothing to do with being a snob or looking down on anyone. Halo models are aspirational and should represent the best/near best that an OEM can offer in luxury and engineering.

Last edited:

raptor556

Reaction score
raptor ain't special. And it's cool ford has released several trims that bring cool offroad features to their other trucks.

I got no real complaints other than a pathetic payload. It's a cool truck.

But when it goes, I won't cry.

raptor556

Reaction score

I hope the vehicle supply chain comes to a grinding halt. just for fun. hahaha

I won't need a vehicle for quite a while, so it's fun to watch this all play out.