What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FmaxTurboSi

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The low base price is a marketing tactic (scam), see Tesla Cybertruck for example. The first few weeks of orders will be the new, exciting low price to attract buyers. It will be going up in short order.

I will concede a base price RHO ordered from a 10k off dealer would be pretty nice. But, has anyone successfully ordered a base model at 10k off? If I remember correctly, weren’t they only discounting 10k on the higher trims?

Yeah you get less options, but i wouldn’t call it a scam. It lets people get into an enthusiast style truck for much less money. Some people don’t need heated ventilated seats, leather interior, 360 cameras, large screens, 20 speakers, adaptive cruise, hud, digital clusters, etc. Hell, if ford offered an R without 37 package, recaros, alcantara, and graphics with a flat 100k price tag, I’d have one.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R without 37 package, recaros, alcantara, and graphics with a flat 100k price tag, I’d have one.
This is exactly what i would have ordered. Probably less ADM associated with a model like that too.

Ventilated seats are non negotiable though in south east Texas. The swamp ass is strong down here.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The low base price is a marketing tactic (scam), see Tesla Cybertruck for example. The first few weeks of orders will be the new, exciting low price to attract buyers. It will be going up in short order.

I will concede a base price RHO ordered from a 10k off dealer would be pretty nice. But, has anyone successfully ordered a base model at 10k off? If I remember correctly, weren’t they only discounting 10k on the higher trims?
The discount is on a sliding scale from the dealer offering it.

MSRP’s Up To $79,999 = $9000 Dealer Discount
MSRP’s $80K-$89,999 = $10,000 Dealer Discount
MSRP’s $90K and above = $11,000 Dealer Discount

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get companies have to package things to make production easier, but if they made all the 37 features a la carte, Id have grabbed 1-2 of them. There is no reason they couldn't have done a 35 and 37 R, other than to make a lot more money.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get companies have to package things to make production easier, but if they made all the 37 features a la carte, Id have grabbed 1-2 of them. There is no reason they couldn't have done a 35 and 37 R, other than to make a lot more money.
And at the end of the day all that matters is the bottom line for shareholders and management bonus structure, I'm amazed we had as many options as we did for MY21-23. I think a la carte is not coming back anytime soon.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
demand must be really high if they are already selling them $10k under MSRP and they havent even built one yet...

Granger was offering the same deal on Broncos before they were built. Mark Dodge is a huge volume dealer and does order sales offers for every model. I'm sure some folks will happily pay MSRP or more, just like they did with Broncos and Raptors, but if you are willing to wait for an order and want to save money there are two options available.

mtnghost

Reaction score
If it has Direct Injection....Stay Far Away. They nothing but problems after 40 to 50k miles. If ya lucky you could make it to 80k before all the coking happens
Direct injection coking has long been a thing of the past for smarter car companies. All they had to do was use port injection to clean the runners and valves and it becomes a non issue. Alfa does it, Toyota does it, Subaru does it. Those are the only companies I have worked for that I know for a fact that do it. I have cleaned up a Mazda Miata engine where coking was causing misfires and it fixed it so maybe they have fixed the issue too. I know the Germans can’t figure it out for some reason and are creating some super pcv as an over complicated fix. Wow that became a rant. Sorry.