What' your average wait time for service at the dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update : today is the 5th business day and I called my service advisor. He said they needed track guides for the moon roof and the part was out of stock so it should take two days to get it. From there (next week) it will go to the transmission department to look at the hard shifts. I’m a crazy to think this is nuts? Next Wednesday will be two weeks! Two weeks to inspect , moonroof issue, transmission issue!
Stay away from the service department at Galpin Ford in So-Cal!
Well I have had the same issue with Capistrano Ford , Tutle Click guys . 7 days for cup holders! Part was back ordered. 3.5 weeks for a blown front Diff, 3 days for Engine block heater disconnect! Total joke! What is up with dealerships. Wish they would open up warranty work to private shops, that would kick them into high gear! A little capitalism at work

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update : today is the 5th business day and I called my service advisor. He said they needed track guides for the moon roof and the part was out of stock so it should take two days to get it. From there (next week) it will go to the transmission department to look at the hard shifts. I’m a crazy to think this is nuts? Next Wednesday will be two weeks! Two weeks to inspect , moonroof issue, transmission issue!
Stay away from the service department at Galpin Ford in So-Cal!

I would take it elsewhere. I've done it and I quote, get my ******* truck out here I'm leaving

Two Dogs

Reaction score
My dealer doesn't put you in the work queue until your vehicle is on the lot. Reason being if you are scheduled for Wednesday and don't show there are techs standing around and open lifts. Happens regularly.

BigTomJR

Reaction score
For the guy that went to all American ford try Maplecrest for of mendam they are great there they get me in and out in an hour most of the time most I had to wait was two hours there is a good breakfast place right nextdoor as well

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Raptor10X

Reaction score
I had that issue one time decided to take it with me and not leave it

I then went to the Lincoln dealership and it was a much better experience.

In fact it was for transmission and sunroof issues I believe they had it for one week total and both issues were fixed including three new clutch Plates and the valvebody.

caleb

Reaction score
I would take it elsewhere. I've done it and I quote, get my ******* truck out here I'm leaving

Yep, I did the same thing. I dropped my truck off on a Wednesday and said I needed it for Monday to get to work. My service advisor was hit or miss on being able to get updates, finally after radio silence for a day and a half I went in on Saturday afternoon and demanded my truck. "I'm sorry sir, your truck is taken apart and we don't have any techs here"..."guess you have a ******* problem to solve then in the next hour, don't you. I'll be back and you better have my truck ready". Went back and miraculously they had my truck back together (the issue wasn't fixed) and I got my keys and got out of there.

Honestly, and maybe this sounds petty, but the service (or lack of) at the Ford dealers is a HUGE reason why I got rid of my Raptor (I tried many of the dealers in my area and all were about the same ****** service I would expect if I was taking a Festiva in for service). If I'm paying $80K for a vehicle, I absolutely expect a certain level of service when I take it in to get worked on. I get this service when I take my Lexus, Range Rover, or any other higher end vehicles in for service, hell Porsche comes to where ever I am, picks up my car, brings me a loaner and brings my car back to me when done...even for a simple oil change and that's for a less expensive vehicle than the Raptor. Even the Toyota dealership has figured out how to treat their customers great. Ford has a serious problem that they need to fix, I doubt they have any intention of correcting any of it.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a special friendship with the service director at our dealership, so I cannot speak for the many out there...

...but my truck (and my husband's F250, and our daughter's latest unwrecked [trust me, she's been through many] car) gets priority status, and is dealt with as soon as possible. I've had all the recalls, all the maintenance, and all the little quirks fixed within record time frames.

OP
OP
N

nolan222

Reaction score
This is my first Ford, ive had Germans/Japanese cars in the past. All of service on those cars have been completed in 1-3 days max, 3 days if they didn't have a part and it was a major issue.
Not having my truck which is under warranty for what I believe is small repairs for possibly 2.5 weeks is crazy.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I’ve been pretty lucky up here in the Sacramento area. Dropped mine off Monday evening without an appointment. Sun roof wouldn’t open and somehow with less than 30,000 miles my horn pad/ airbag cover developed a crack, must be from me beating on it when behind A ******* PRIUS IN THE FAST LANE DOING 60!! Anyhoo, I digress, they called yesterday said the sunroof was done but they would like to hold on to the truck as the new airbag assembly would be in today and I could have it back today..so all in all, not bad. Future Ford Roseville BTW!