What' your average wait time for service at the dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amg55driver

Reaction score
It should be, it’s a ford deal. But it’s only at Ford quick lane service centers which are usually a separate entity from the main service center at the dealership. The Plant Ford ones in Houston are just next door to the dealership.

yeah my dealership is no where near $45 mark on the "quick work" service. called they told me at least $120.. oh welp.

Raptor in MS

Reaction score
Yes, it is insane to wait two weeks to have the type of work done as you have outlined. I would go the the Ford survey website and it air out to let future customer know the very poor service associated with this particular dealership!

Glockman

Reaction score
I dropped off my 17 for some maintenance issues (moon roof not opening properly 2/5 times, hard downshift from 4 to 3rd gear and front wheel alignment). I waited two days for the 1st available appointment to be available ( last Wednesday). I was told when I dropped off the truck to expect a call this week. The dealer said they were busy and this is how Ford works. I received a phone call yesterday (Monday) saying there is one more vehicle in the cue before they start working on my truck! Crazy!!!
They had the truck for all this time untouched. The dealer, Galpin Ford in So-Cal, is the largest in the west cost so they have a large service department. What is your average wait time to get work done at your dealer?

I can say that a good shop will be busy. This country is suffering from a shortage of technicians and the problem will only be getting worse. I run a high end European shop and go through the same thing. It's not like setting an appointment with the dentist. There are a lot of variables with vehicles, parts and of course the job on hand going right before you can pull in the vehicle.
Ford does it a lot different than other companies. Each one of your complaints goes to a different technician. The trim guys gets the sun roof issue, the transmission technician gets the shifting issue and so on. That also slows the work flow.
I recommend hanging tight and not stressing over it. Grab a nice cigar and whiskey and know that it will be right when you get it back.
Now, if it's not right, then start the bitch session with them, but don't do it ahead of time...just saying...
You know what happens to your food when you send it back into the kitchen..! LOL..!!

Daniel Henley

Reaction score
I dropped off my 17 for some maintenance issues (moon roof not opening properly 2/5 times, hard downshift from 4 to 3rd gear and front wheel alignment). I waited two days for the 1st available appointment to be available ( last Wednesday). I was told when I dropped off the truck to expect a call this week. The dealer said they were busy and this is how Ford works. I received a phone call yesterday (Monday) saying there is one more vehicle in the cue before they start working on my truck! Crazy!!!
They had the truck for all this time untouched. The dealer, Galpin Ford in So-Cal, is the largest in the west cost so they have a large service department. What is your average wait time to get work done at your dealer?
Ford has some very strict customer service policies set in place by Henry himself. If you're not happy (which you shouldn't be) then you call Ford Corporation. The rule Henry Ford put in place states loosely that any Ford customer that requires service should be made happy no matter what. Internally the rule of thumb is - 3 service calls for the same problem will get a full replacement of the affected area for FREE. An extended service issue can count more than once against that rule. A phone call to Ford Corporate will get results! Guys, you can get a free trany or engine if a problem persists! This is why so many of us are Ford people! First On Race Day!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has some very strict customer service policies set in place by Henry himself. If you're not happy (which you shouldn't be) then you call Ford Corporation. The rule Henry Ford put in place states loosely that any Ford customer that requires service should be made happy no matter what. Internally the rule of thumb is - 3 service calls for the same problem will get a full replacement of the affected area for FREE. An extended service issue can count more than once against that rule. A phone call to Ford Corporate will get results! Guys, you can get a free trany or engine if a problem persists! This is why so many of us are Ford people! First On Race Day!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ha, there's a big difference between expectations set in a board room at Ford Corporate and what actually goes down at the dealership. I guarentee no one is getting large parts replaced without getting a lawyer involved, in most cases.

OP
OP
N

nolan222

Reaction score
Update : day 9 (today)
I called my advisor and he provided me an update: the track rails were installed on Thursday/ Friday. On Friday it went to the transmission tech/bay and after a day of diagnostics the tech confirmed hard down shifting from 4 to 3rd. No error codes and no leaks reported. Now they want to open up the transmission and see what’s going on inside! The advisor stated once its open (2-3 days) they will know what’s going on. Then they wait for ford approval for fixing whatever the issue (1-2 days) and then fix the issue (1-4 days) 4 days if they replace the entire transmission! I’m
Looking at 3 weeks all in! :-(

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update : day 9 (today)
Then they wait for ford approval for fixing whatever the issue (1-2 days) and then fix the issue (1-4 days) 4 days if they replace the entire transmission! I’m
Looking at 3 weeks all in! :-(

In Missouri...30 days out of service in a calendar year = lemon law.

JBT9

Reaction score
Just jumping in here. Irvine Tutle Click is pretty bad as well. They have had my truck for almost a month to replace a ball bearing in the differential (they they broke when fixing a diff leak). I love my Raptor but am definitely thinking about getting rid of it because of the service issues at dealers.