What would you notice if you had 2 non-Raptor spec BFGs and 2-Raptor Spec BFGs on the truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was at a local off-road shop this past weekend getting quotes for some parts for my parents new Ecoboost F-150 and the guy behind the counter tells me about another customer who took his Raptor to the Outer Banks and sliced 2 tires on the beach. The shop just happened to have a set of stock size BFG A/Ts in the shop. So the guy got 2 tires and mounted them on this truck. So has the title says what would you notice? Also assuming the truck is stock the different speed ratings of the tires shouldn't be a factor.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how it was mounted on the truck. I was told the tires were sliced by a piece of ship wreck that washed up on the beach so I would assume it was both on one side.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That might be a slight problem as IIRC the tires have a slightly different OD and are slightly different stiffness. Would be particularly noticable if both rear wheels were to hit the same object at speed as they would attempt to act slightly differently.

I am basing this mostly on my experience with trailer tires so not sure if it is 100% accurate, but the theory should apply.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Im 50/50 right now. and Ive got one of each on the front and rear.

Ive got a few good deals on 315s via craigslist, other raptor buddies, etc... The other day I picked up some new ones before my colorado trip. I unloaded my old ones at work, where I keep all my 315s. Didnt realize it but I have 8 sitting there. So in a year Ive managed to collect 8 extra 315s!! Not counting the two that I threw away.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you keep it out of 4WD, and keep the diff unlocked, it's probably not a big deal (no permanent damage).

However, if you lock the rear diff or put it in 4WD, I think something would have to give. Probably the tires, and not the truck, though... I'd look for uneven or excessive tire wear.