What will 24 bring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting to see how 2,400 fewer parts translates. I’m not an auto manufacturing expert, but that seems like an awful lot of parts to remove without cutting corners.

Seems suspect

IMG_3802.gif

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting one,looking first for a Ranger raptor,little smaller,but as say my friend,you never go smaller!and they are going to be =20K,so 10k more and u get f150.
Have 2 stealership at work,no sunroof and i wanted a heated steering wheel!
want black recaro seat!

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting to see how 2,400 fewer parts translates. I’m not an auto manufacturing expert, but that seems like an awful lot of parts to remove without cutting corners.

Seems suspect

View attachment 421343
I agree. But it will have a heated steering wheel lol. Now an option to have the black recaros on a non R would be nice but don’t see that happening.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m waiting to see how 2,400 fewer parts translates.
They probably did go too far. There's the low-hanging fruit like the shift lever that won't be missed. There's a big opportunity on the dashboard where all of the buttons and knobs will become softkeys on a giant display. I hate that, but it's inevitable. The first generation of it will probably suck donkey balls. There's all the stuff that exists for legacy reasons. Depending on how much time and effort they want to spend, that could add up. If they don't screw it up, it's all good. Big if.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. But it will have a heated steering wheel lol. Now an option to have the black recaros on a non R would be nice but don’t see that happening.
2023 r with build dates after 8/1 get the heated steering wheel just fyi

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 r with build dates after 8/1 get the heated steering wheel just fyi
I noticed that on August build window stickers. It is just not a feature that was a make or break for me. Have them in other vehicles and my wife and I hardly use it. Remote start and heated seats are great though.

Last edited: