What Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not yet. I will if I start having heat soak problems. Haven’t had the need yet

OK, cool. I am waiting on my Full Race IC to go along with my MPT tunes, as I want to get all of the work done at the same time.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is intercooler necessary with MPT TUNE? now i m not driving sand and i m living cold area even in summer

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is intercooler necessary with MPT TUNE? now i m not driving sand and i m living cold area even in summer

Nope. I've tested the crap out of the stock intercooler and it's pretty damn good. If you hear your IC fans are on everytime you come to a stop off-road insider upgrading.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It is not necessary, but recommended by most tuners and installers for a safe build.

I live in Texas where we get a couple of months of 100+ degree weather every summer. I went with the 170 degree t-stat and the FR IC to keep the operating temp of my truck as cool as possible.

Last edited:

chant1

Reaction score
First post and recent owner of a new 2018.
Just spoke to MPT and per their saleman they do not sale any products to CA residents whatsoever due to company policy from their higher-ups.

Now that they seem to be out as I was pretty much had everything filtered towards their tunes. What would be other recommendations outside of MPT some would refer to?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at Gearhead, Whipple and Brew City Boost. The other option is to have it shipped to someone you know who does not live in CA. Kind of a hassle, but others have mentioned doing something similar.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone of these tuners use HPTuners? That will sell the tune only?

I tried MPT seeing that the Ngauge is HPTuners but the sales guy told me they only support Ngauge...wth!

I don’t need no stinking Ngauge waste of $...when I already have the VCM Pro with four credits remaining.

There’s not a single tuner within 200 miles that I would bring any of my vehicles to so I use the HPTuners to remote tune and datalog. One of these days I will man up and learn how to tune on the street but right now with a 5 month old no sleep and work I don’t have the time to put in the effort to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ATRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been VERY happy with my tune from ID motorsports. Matt Alderman has a ton of experience with Ford calibrating over the years and my Gen2 runs great. Had to close the gap on the plugs a bit because it was blowing out the spark on some of the cooler days in the upper RPM range but since doing that the truck is been money. Highly Recommended.

MPT does great stuff too.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like BCB will do a data log tune for me not sure why MPT won’t guess they want to sell Ngauge...

2a7b7b30b3f29af51da6fe137249525e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk