What Oil/Filter do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Want to know myself now. I set my oil life to 10%. So that should trigger something in about 250 miles if it goes off with 500 miles to go. Will post back later what happens.

Pretty much nailed it right at 250 mile, considering that 10% would equate to 750 miles. When I set the oil at 10%, my odometer was around 27,690 and the Oil light went off on my way home tonight. So as the manual states, the Oil Reminder light is going off mileage.

d8a7e7b0a61a12f5b6dae9fa2d812f32.jpg

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched and cannot find it but what is the part number for the ford racing oil filter for our raptors? Also where is everyone buying them at?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@TBONE21 Ford Racing Oil Filter: CM-6731-FL820.

For the prices you're likely to see (even discounted for buying a case of 12), you might as well switch to a filter using synthetic media for a similar price such as the Amsoil EAO11.

Personally, I'm running Amsoil SS 5w-20 and running the standard Motorcraft filter. If I do decide to upgrade to a better filter, then it will definitely be the Amsoil EAO11.

wakko0o

Reaction score
Mobil 1 full synthetic every 5k. Monitor is just there so I can see when to change. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock junk Motorcraft 5w-20 and an FL820S filter. Ingested some water at 3k miles, did a flush immediately and sent it off to Blackstone after 2k miles and the report came back fine. Now at 38k and no issues. Stock is best, stock is fastest.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock junk Motorcraft 5w-20 and an FL820S filter. Ingested some water at 3k miles, did a flush immediately and sent it off to Blackstone after 2k miles and the report came back fine. Now at 38k and no issues. Stock is best, stock is fastest.

To quote:

''There ain't nothin stock about a stock car"

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing but Amsoil here for any and all fluids and filters. I'm a preferred customer so I get a slight discount.

Wrecker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing but Amsoil here for any and all fluids and filters. I'm a preferred customer so I get a slight discount.

All Amsoil here too.
With the discounts from the preferred customer subscription it's not really that much more than the cheaper synthetic stuff out there so well worth it for me to run it.

Ftroop

Reaction score
pennzoil ultra platinum 5w-20, have to order it online through Walmart but it's the best stuff u can buy next to amsoil. Motorcraft filter of course!
Done every 5k miles which is overkill, but I sleep better that way so I pay for it.