What makes a Raptor a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
You would have liked the meeting we had with SVT before Snoball 1, they spent a little bit discussing their concept for the truck and some of the things they really wanted to do, but couldn't make cost effective/sell to Ford.

Another unique Raptor feature is the reinforced frame 2013+ to account for "marginal drivers" -Jamal's actual words

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/what-would-you-ask-svt-engineering-19604/index10.html#post347798

and just skimming our questions, I see this...
Jamal noted during discussion that the rear axle tubes where made thicker and the rear axle larger.

One thing you could tell talking with them is that they are passionate about the truck and they have put time and effort into even the little details.

The Bead lock wheels are also very impressive and unique to the Raptor.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that! Two years of effort surely resulted in a lot of changes, but I'd imagine many of them are part of their "secret sauce recipe" that they may be reluctant to share. But every little bit helps. Thanks!

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find a friend with a stock fx4 and take him in your truck offroad. Small changes culminate to make a large difference. You can bolt everything it has or better onto any base f150 but you won't get the same fit, finish, and feel.

You then immediately remove all that $#%+ and make a really expensive and ridiculous attempt to build an impractical prerunner.

#becauseracetruck

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, but I'd like to know what it is. All that effort that the SVT put into the Raptor needs to be celebrated and acknowledged. And although solid sales are a good acknowledgement, I think learning what they did, specifically, and talking about it, is also a fitting tribute. They created an awesome vehicle. Every drop of blood, sweat and tears that went into it needs to be recognized. I'm curious. If love a tour like they do for Corvettes at the Corvette museum. A celebration of the tradition, the history, and the effort of the engineers behind the product.

In one of the magazines I read a comment along the lines of "the Raptor is the truck Ferrari would build, if they built trucks". It was meant as a compliment, and a much deserved one.

So wanting to find out every little detail that went into the design and construction if this truck is a natural extension of this.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where is my choise as a consumer why can't I put e-30 in. Oh I can and will be under warenty unless they can prove ethanol had something to do with it.

tango68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Ford F150's for the past ten years, when they were regular trucks no-one ever came up to me and said "wow! nice truck!"
At least once a week since buying the Raptor someone comments on what a great looking truck it is.
It's all about the Ego!