what is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The holes in the knee bolster are bad enough, but I'd be more worried about the actual electrical installation from the installer, who obviously takes very little pride in their work.

EDIT: Send me a PM if the dealer won't work with you on replacing that knee bolster; I think I have an extra one.

Last edited:

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I talked to my Ford guy, and he said this is an aftermarket installation of a device that prevents the truck from being started (so you need to contact the dealer and ask them what your options are for using it). You should have been given a book or guide to using it.

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
some kind of Lo-Jack?

No. More like a kill switch. I have low jack on mine with real time satalite. And you can't see anything.

This is for long term parking or for leaving it where you wouldn't want it started. Without "activating" the truck won't run.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low quality, half assed installed dealer crap.
Make them take it off, properly repair the wire(s) they cut into, and replace the panel they drilled holes in.
If the dealership declines ask to see the GM or owner and ask him if you can drill two random holes in his personal vehicle (or his person).

OP
OP
seigemeister11
Reaction score
talked to my dealership and it is an aftermarket dealer alarm that they put on the raptor, shelby and titanium fusion. they had to setup an appointment with the alarm company to come remove it and then they are replacing it with a new panel. my appointment is friday and i will let you all know how it goes.