What is this mystery knob on the 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Outrage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just happy to see physical buttons return for the seat heaters/coolers. That's the only thing that's kept me from going to an aftermarket head in my 13! Still can't figure out what genius thought having them touchscreen accessible only would be a great idea! Sheesh!

The rationale behind the MyFord Touch-only seat heater controls was to minimize the number of "filler plates" used to cover up openings in interior trim pieces on models not equipped with seat heaters. Alternatively, it decreases the number of variations of the same interior trim piece required (one with and without openings).

With that said, the seat heater controls on the MyFord Touch screen are awful. They're especially bad since they can't be operated with gloves on.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rationale behind the MyFord Touch-only seat heater controls was to minimize the number of "filler plates" used to cover up openings in interior trim pieces on models not equipped with seat heaters. Alternatively, it decreases the number of variations of the same interior trim piece required (one with and without openings).

With that said, the seat heater controls on the MyFord Touch screen are awful. They're especially bad since they can't be operated with gloves on.

I can understand that, but is it even possible to order a truck with MFT and not have heated/cooled seats? Either way, it's just dumb and obviously enough people agreed if they're bringing back actual physical buttons for them in 2015.

chiefy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that knob is for the sonar tune button for the built in fish finder while ice fishing... just drive over the ice and find the fish on the screen..

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, guys... It's obviously the master weapon selection control! Machine Guns, Rockets, Mines, and Countermeasures. Duh...

81940.jpg

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just wonder if it just doesn;t do anything but cause confusion and questions. It's called the Government knob!

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Really? Mine can. I can use just about any object to make selections on the screen since it isn't a capacitive touch screen like the iPhone/Androids. You actually have to press against the screen to make it work. In fact, I use the flat of my index fingernail to make selections so I keep the fingerprints off the screen.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Really? Mine can. I can use just about any object to make selections on the screen since it isn't a capacitive touch screen like the iPhone/Androids. You actually have to press against the screen to make it work. In fact, I use the flat of my index fingernail to make selections so I keep the fingerprints off the screen.

I'd recommend a screen protector then; the factory screen scratches very easily.