What is the optimal wait time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Sept I almost bought a 13 off a lot, then decided to wait and order a 14 the way I wanted my truck. Now 6 months later, my truck will be built next week. Like getting married, sometimes there is too much time to plan, other times a quick trip down the isle can lead to some mistakes as well.

In my opinion, 4 months allows for a lot of time to figure out where you want to take your truck etc. That being said, I have about 3-5k worth of stuff I want to do sooner/maybe more later. If I had bought that 13, I think I would have made some mistakes with mods...I am thankful for some time from order to delivery, but the last month has been rough.

What do you guys think?

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Sept I almost bought a 13 off a lot, then decided to wait and order a 14 the way I wanted my truck. Now 6 months later, my truck will be built next week. Like getting married, sometimes there is too much time to plan, other times a quick trip down the isle can lead to some mistakes as well.

In my opinion, 4 months allows for a lot of time to figure out where you want to take your truck etc. That being said, I have about 3-5k worth of stuff I want to do sooner/maybe more later. If I had bought that 13, I think I would have made some mistakes with mods...I am thankful for some time from order to delivery, but the last month has been rough.

What do you guys think?

For now, I'm ok with waiting. I have to sell my Lightning before my Raptor is delivered. This wait will allow the time I need. However, if the Lightning sells tomorrow, the my Raptor can't be delivered fast enough.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Optimal? Optimal would be the dealer has the very truck you were going to order already on the lot, and the paper work is already filled out with your name.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ There's optimum wait time: zero.
Then there's optimum price: coincidentally also zero.
Both exist, I am told, in Fantasy Land.
There are unicorns in Fantasy Land, but no Ford SVT Raptors.
;)

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During those 4 months, your mind could change back and forth, about packages, about after market parts, even about if you have made the right choice to buy a raptor.
Sometimes you just need a quick decision...

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miss

I had one I wish I would have bought, I special ordered instead on November 15, 2013. Saved at least 5K my truck was built today 02/28/14. The pain will all be forgotten on delivery. I enjoyed the time spent planning: and saving, my truck will now go straight from the dealer to TMX to install an RPG Stage 4 with front Coilovers, RPG UCA, RPG Black tie rods, and an RPG PSR. I drive a little rent a car Kia Soul in a sea of Fords at work; I feel like such a ***** in, they say Wow, how many clowns can you fit in that. ARG

Broderick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one I wish I would have bought, I special ordered instead on November 15, 2013. Saved at least 5K my truck was built today 02/28/14. The pain will all be forgotten on delivery. I enjoyed the time spent planning: and saving, my truck will now go straight from the dealer to TMX to install an RPG Stage 4 with front Coilovers, RPG UCA, RPG Black tie rods, and an RPG PSR. I drive a little rent a car Kia Soul in a sea of Fords at work; I feel like such a ***** in, they say Wow, how many clowns can you fit in that. ARG

How much did you pay for the truck? Any recommended dealer at Houston?
Thx~~