GEN 2 What is the graceful way to exit the sirius ‘replay’ function?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Do any of you fellow inmates know how to exit this screen short of power cycling the truck?

IMG_3973.jpg

I was trying to get my presets changed on the audio; satellite input screen and replay is right above the presets. I missed, hit replay by mistake and could not find a way out of it.

Sometimes, I’m my own worst enemy. Earlier that same evening, sound goes out and I’m thinking ‘great. here we go, probably fried my APIM JUST after I finished modding the stereo. about 30 seconds or so later I see siri has been summoned. I swap screens / cancel. A few moments later, same thing. I implement the same fix, back to normal. So I’m thinking to myself “great. bluetooth is going haywire, that’s all I need, now I’ll have to drop the phone and re-pair it” Happens again.

About this time I realize what’s happened to cause this mayhem... Phone is in my pocket along with a flashlight and the light is pressing the phone’s summon siri button. :mad::eek::facepalm:

Anyway, when I got home, I repeated the replay screen conundrum and didn’t find a way out of it. Every time I reselected satellite as input, I return to the replay screen.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I don’t know how yours works, but that just replays the same song, and did not exit this doggone screen. I wanted to select another satellite channel via the presets, but that function appears to be gone once you’re in ‘replay’ mode.

seems the manual says you’re right:

When you are in replay mode, you are not able to select a different preset until you return to live audio. Pressing this button returns you to the live broadcast.

That’s not what Lucille did. Maybe she needs a time out (at the stealership)...

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
That's how mine works. It was frustrating the first few times. Kind of silly you can't just tap something else to get out of it.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
Smurfs, happened in my 17, hit the blue replay button and got out. Blue button light went out and then hit home. Upper left.

1Wolf

Reaction score
Hi Smurf,

Unless something is actually "stuck" on yours, try tapping the replay button again to get out. The replay button should be a "Toggle". The button should normally be that pale default silvery-blue color, then if you tap it and go into "replay mode" it turns dark blue. Tap it again to get out. As I said, unless yours is somehow "stuck".

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’ll give this a try tomorrow, and see if it’s repeatable, truck error or user error.

Probably user error but I have to say, that’s a pretty klugey functionality. I’ve seen satellite replay on another, aftermarket receiver and yeah it was pretty easy to exit without replaying.

#smurfslayerhasseriousfirstworldproblems

Thanks inmates!