What gas are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1DXmk2

Reaction score
Nice so 87 is the minimum we can use. Just wonder if you will feel the difference?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Ok I have a bucees 15 minutes away thanks

Absolutely feel the difference. With the gas the dealer provided, my truck was surging and transmission acted like it was on crack...hard shifting, fell out of gear once, got hung in 6th once. After burning through the cheap gas, I put 93 octane in it and it feels like a different truck. I'm not sure how it would act with 91, but I would stay far away from 87.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would probably use 91 if I could get it.

Only choices here in GA are 87,89, and 93.

Dealer filled with 87 initially, and then I filled with 93.

Honestly could tell absolutely NO difference. Ran identical on both.

Dont know what to put in next tank full. Maybe I'll try diesel. The ecoboost 3.5 is such an amazing design and engine that it could probably handle it just fine!
(hopefully sasquatch could comment on that)

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely feel the difference. With the gas the dealer provided, my truck was surging and transmission acted like it was on crack...hard shifting, fell out of gear once, got hung in 6th once. After burning through the cheap gas, I put 93 octane in it and it feels like a different truck. I'm not sure how it would act with 91, but I would stay far away from 87.

Do you actually believe that the increase in octane made your tranny operate better???

If so, then I have an improved and updated special edition of the pedal commander that I'd like to sell you. It even improves the steering response and the suspension!

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably use 91 if I could get it.

Only choices here in GA are 87,89, and 93.

Dealer filled with 87 initially, and then I filled with 93.

Honestly could tell absolutely NO difference. Ran identical on both.

Dont know what to put in next tank full. Maybe I'll try diesel. The ecoboost 3.5 is such an amazing design and engine that it could probably handle it just fine!
(hopefully sasquatch could comment on that)

I only use the pure flatulence of the Arch Griffin = 91. In Georgia, they want you to use the gas from unicorns, 93 as they don't have Arch Griffins.

So with some alchemy, I mix 2 parts 93 with 1 part 87 to get 91 at every fill up.

On second thought, it wouldnt be pure 91 gas.. more synthetic.

While we are at it, hey does anyone know what brand oil is best for my truck?

:)
Hey, the gas question has only been asked 3 times, so its relevant! Now the oil question... 4. thats pushing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeremyespinoza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's up to the person but I like Quaker state

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Wow I'm glad I don't live in GA lol.