What gas are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ppl forget there is more to premium than just octane. Its a much cleaner and more refined fuel. The deposits left behind by regular vs prem is significant. In a motor like the ho eb id be using prem if i cared how long it was going to last.

depgary25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e3c344b6ee15ea3ea5c43cb8e3548d65.jpg

Can anyone explain to me the benefits or risk of running the Ethanol Free fuel? Just curious. I generally use mid grade fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e3c344b6ee15ea3ea5c43cb8e3548d65.jpg

Can anyone explain to me the benefits or risk of running the Ethanol Free fuel? Just curious. I generally use mid grade fuel.

Ethanol free fuel is great - provided it's unleaded, and the price isn't ridiculous. Local stations to me have it and call it recreational fuel - designed to be used in power equipment, jetskis, etc..anywhere that storage and moisture become an issue versus a vehicle that's driven regularly. The problem is that it's typically 60 cents more per gallon, and 90 octane in my area, which is too low for my other vehicle unfortunately. Provided you have 91 there - if the price is acceptable I would go for it - you will probably see a slight mpg increase.

I will need to check back to the owner's manual, but I thought I read that the engine would deliver its maximum rated power on 91+ octane....ie it would dial back power proportionately to maintain whatever threshold of acceptable engine knock ford allows if it sensed 87.. Is that not the case?

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the **** is E-30 and why should I buy it?

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E30 is 30% ethanol, just like E85 is 85%. I assume wilson is pushing it because he's from north dakota and may farm corn or something that makes money from sales of ethanol. As far as I'm concerned, ANY ethanol sucks as it attracts water and has less BTU per gallon than gasoline...but perhaps he'll enlighten us on why it's better.