GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ok so I just picked up something unusual!! I couldn't help it my wife has always wanted a baby blue VW bug but I just couldn't do it. When we found this it was a done deal. It's a Nissan Figaro made for 1 year in Japan!

Out of curiosity what year is that it looks pretty new. I see why they made it for only one year. Kidding, better than a bug for sure.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so I just picked up something unusual!! I couldn't help it my wife has always wanted a baby blue VW bug but I just couldn't do it. When we found this it was a done deal. It's a Nissan Figaro made for 1 year in Japan!
Never seen anything like that, very cool, do you have a picture of the engine? It looks like it is rear wheel drive?

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never seen anything like that, very cool, do you have a picture of the engine? It looks like it is rear wheel drive?

It's fWD (for now). Honestly, I will probably keep it pretty stock it's really my wife's car and there aren't a lot of parts around. It's a 1000cc Turbo I4 and it runs well enough it just needs one more gear for the highway. It's only a 3 speed auto.

Attachments

• PXL_20220509_155644514.jpg
    PXL_20220509_155644514.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 19

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

These are KEI cars, pretty unusual but pretty common in Japan. Honda Beat would be another one. City driving it would not be that bad, and with the 25 year rule you avoid federal regulations on the car. These are fun little rides but if you are over 5 foot 10 or so I am not sure how comfortable they would be,

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's fWD (for now). Honestly, I will probably keep it pretty stock it's really my wife's car and there aren't a lot of parts around. It's a 1000cc Turbo I4 and it runs well enough it just needs one more gear for the highway. It's only a 3 speed auto.
Dang, air conditioning on a convertible, a lot of engineering into that car for 1991 even. I wonder how many were made in that configuration. It's nice to see its getting driven!