GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The STI still holds its value better than the others in its class. I own my STI outright and bought it new in early Summer of 2016. It has been a great car but only has 18,500 miles on it during that time frame. I would love to have been able to buy a 2007 STI new when they were out because of the light weight, inter cooler sprayer and what not giving up on the tech side of things.

On Bring a Trailer, old STIs with low miles still bring 25-26 grand. I love the fact that they do not depreciate below a certain threshold kind of like Raptors do to an extent.
I’ve had 3 different GD/GG WRXs and been in the suby club for over a decade. Was my buddy’s aitoX mechanic for his Nationals STI. Love them. But. Their interiors are absolutely horrible for the price point. Everything else is top notch. An STi tuned is a sick little beast but I just can’t stand how cheap they are inside.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had 3 different GD/GG WRXs and been in the suby club for over a decade. Was my buddy’s aitoX mechanic for his Nationals STI. Love them. But. Their interiors are absolutely horrible for the price point. Everything else is top notch. An STi tuned is a sick little beast but I just can’t stand how cheap they are inside.

Yep it is Subarus halo car and they have a full rally race team in the USA. The team is made up of former Nascar drivers. The Sti has Recaros and some cool touches but at the end of the day it shares switches and pieces with the wrx and impreza. If you want fit and finish then get a benz or an audi but I like the STIs and it like the Raptor is one vehicle I have owned two examples of each.

Eventually I would love to get a GTR but for a 120 grand vehicle it feels cheap interior wise as well. I think you are basically buying the mechanics with the STI or the GTR. Most people race them kind of have to be careful buying a used STI or GTR. Probably need to use care in buying a used Raptor as well these days.

Johnfaeglasgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife just put money down this weekend on a 2021 Denali XL and decided to trade her 2020 Acadia Denali on a 2020 Sierra AT4. We had a 19 and she deeply regrets trading it for the Acadia. You live and learn I guess.
I plan on holding onto the Raptor for a long time, and our plan A is to trade my Accord for a next gen STi when they become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep it is Subarus halo car and they have a full rally race team in the USA. The team is made up of former Nascar drivers. The Sti has Recaros and some cool touches but at the end of the day it shares switches and pieces with the wrx and impreza. If you want fit and finish then get a benz or an audi but I like the STIs and it like the Raptor is one vehicle I have owned two examples of each.

Eventually I would love to get a GTR but for a 120 grand vehicle it feels cheap interior wise as well. I think you are basically buying the mechanics with the STI or the GTR. Most people race them kind of have to be careful buying a used STI or GTR. Probably need to use care in buying a used Raptor as well these days.

1000% - and for some people that’s how they want it in terms of going after the most bang for the buck when it comes to tangible performance features. That’s why I prefer cars like the GTR, STI, C5 & C6 corvette Z06s, viper ACR, Porsche GT2 GT3 etc. interior ain’t why people buy a Ferrari (least not people worth talking about) - people buy a Ferrari to experience the glorious mechanical concerto- and the rich buttery soft leather interior is just the icing on the cake.

I want my sports cars raw & unapologetic I’ll take my luxury & GT cars w/ a lil manners tho

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000% - and for some people that’s how they want it in terms of going after the most bang for the buck when it comes to tangible performance features. That’s why I prefer cars like the GTR, STI, C5 & C6 corvette Z06s, viper ACR, Porsche GT2 GT3 etc. interior ain’t why people buy a Ferrari (least not people worth talking about) - people buy a Ferrari to experience the glorious mechanical concerto- and the rich buttery soft leather interior is just the icing on the cake.

I want my sports cars raw & unapologetic I’ll take my luxury & GT cars w/ a lil manners tho
This is The first post from you that I have seen that even remotely makes any type of logical sense and I agree with for the most part . Just from personal experience I don't enjoy vipers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter