GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never understood why the GT3 is normally aspirated and the GT2 is the big turbo beast?

Which would be faster the turbo? right

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never understood why the GT3 is normally aspirated and the GT2 is the big turbo beast?

Regardless, in Germany after training on the Ring, my trainer and I took out his GT3 and went 207MPH. I have also been passed by GT2s.

They are both amazing machines and fast. Sound quite different though!

TopElement

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GT3's are for those of us that want one of the best drivers cars ever made, and enjoy revving to 9k rpm! It is a car made for track use (literally a section in the owners manual), and there is a whole race series developed for them.

GT2 are big power cars, still with very good handling. Drag strip and highway monsters!

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I own a STI, and have considered a GTR, I am assuming the GT2 would beat a GTR stock but would the GT3? It looks like a bargain as it is half the price. New GT3s are rarer than hens teeth as they have several used for good prices but I would imagine they are beat on and ragged on worse than any used STI would be. No offense but I wouldn't want to own anything used from any one on this forum at all, I automatically assume it would have been used to its fullest limits.

My 2016 STI was purchased new in 2016 and has 21k miles on it never raced all stock.