What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't want to commit to true beads and will likely move to a 0 offset wheel anyways in the future w/ front suspension upgrades.

No, He is saying that if you just bolt on the optional beadlock rings, it will give it a wider stance. He is not saying to run it as a true beadlock.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Got around to installing ADD pro rear bumper, Cobb FMIC, and added 1.25" bora spacers (don't roast me I can't decide on wheels yet and like the factory BL).

Deavers and SVC bumpstop kit will be the next install once I can find a good weekend for it.

View attachment 405859
View attachment 405861
ive heard the rear bumper is a PITA to install compared to the front... how was it?

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
No, He is saying that if you just bolt on the optional beadlock rings, it will give it a wider stance. He is not saying to run it as a true beadlock.

wait a minute! you're telling me you can run the true beadlock rings but not actually have to have the ring set up as a true beadlock?! im being dead serious because i love the look but im in the same boat as the OP who doesnt want to run the beadlock as a daily...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
wait a minute! you're telling me you can run the true beadlock rings but not actually have to have the ring set up as a true beadlock?! im being dead serious because i love the look but im in the same boat as the OP who doesnt want to run the beadlock as a daily...

Correct. Unbolt the beauty ring on the stock wheels and bolt on the beadlock ring. Just remove them before you go to a tire shop as they will likely mess them up.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Correct. Unbolt the beauty ring on the stock wheels and bolt on the beadlock ring. Just remove them before you go to a tire shop as they will likely mess them up.

do you happen to have or know of anyone with photos? ive searched but they all look to be set up as true beadlocks...

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn't sound right to me. The true beadlock ring would stand out from the wheel to allow room to clamp the tire between the outside of the wheel and the ring, where the beauty ring mounts close to the wheel to look right when the tire is mounted inside the bead like a normal wheel.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
This doesn't sound right to me. The true beadlock ring would stand out from the wheel to allow room to clamp the tire between the outside of the wheel and the ring, where the beauty ring mounts close to the wheel to look right when the tire is mounted inside the bead like a normal wheel.
thats what i was thinking as well. same for the bolt depth for the true beadlock rings as they're much longer from what i can tell...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I'm sure someone around here does. I am running Method beadlocks. So no help for you.

Edit:
Yes, they do stand off the wheel. But I don't believe much more than the beauty ring already does.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking as well. same for the bolt depth for the true beadlock rings as they're much longer from what i can tell...
I've been looking at the true beadlock ring setup since I bought my truck in 2020. But my truck is a pavement princess and it doesn't seem reasonable in my situation. But I love the looks of them.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I've been looking at the true beadlock ring setup since I bought my truck in 2020. But my truck is a pavement princess and it doesn't seem reasonable in my situation. But I love the looks of them.
Same here, that’s why I like the gen3 non 37pp wheels. It gives it a full ring with bolt combo and looks so much nicer but at the cost I’m still debating on what I want to do…

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc