What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It cost a lot more. I wasn’t planning on doing anything to the rear suspension until I spoke with Kevin at HM. To make the truck as strong as possible, I realized it needed a new 4” rear end, trophy truck axles, 10” inch third member and a new driveshaft. On top of that, I added a rear fuel cell. I doubled the cost of what I originally planned. I had to stop there.

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Yea it's definitely a rabbit hole that can get away from you quick. I am currently stopping at Kings with a rear by pass. Too many other projects.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It cost a lot more. I wasn’t planning on doing anything to the rear suspension until I spoke with Kevin at HM. To make the truck as strong as possible, I realized it needed a new 4” rear end, trophy truck axles, 10” inch third member and a new driveshaft. On top of that, I added a rear fuel cell. I doubled the cost of what I originally planned. I had to stop there.

Jeez sounds like my vette build….which based on your name you’re also familiar w/

Blower & cam….hi-flow cats plugged exhaust, oil pressure buildup cracked pistons- engine out built & forged, back in making even more power, diff starts spewing then build that + gorilla axles & add ECS trans/diff brace, too much twist & then TQ tube bushings/bearings wear out…Ok yank that go w/ carbon shaft & poly bushings & a thick ass Aluminum tunnel plate, all good now right? Nope- engine makes so much power w/ fresh rubber motor mounts too much flex & snapped alt bracket throwing serp belt, ok put poly mounts in, buttoned back up- all good right? Nope. Tranny is weeping after every hard run when I put it away last year….but in all fairness to Tremec that’s still stock w/ 50k miles on it & always had more than factory HP going through it….gonna rock it one more summer then swap out for stage 2 billet trans from RPM

Fun never ends!

Reaction score
Had my transmission reset at 21,180 miles. Why? Because I can. It was becoming increasingly herky jerky and giving me some hard shifts between 2-3 and 6-7 so I went for it. Covered under warranty. Now she gets to learn my style of driving, hope she's ready

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc