What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but how did you remove them without dropping the axles etc?
Did the rear first, jack stands under the frame by the rear doors and a jack on the pumpkin to move the axle up or down to remove tension on the upper bolt then the bottom bolt was easy. Stuck the factory ones back on for support (bolts/nut just hand tight) and lowered it to the ground. Then started on the front and left it all apart and awaiting for the shocks to return. Did I understand your question?

Last edited:

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hell throw a BBK on there while they are off..
Well yeah, I know a guy who sells them too. LOL
Problem is I really like the Method Trail Series wheels with beadgrip that I have and it's just really tight with most 17" wheels and I have seen just a rock get stuck when on the trails. I have absolutely no desire what-so-ever to ever put larger wheels on as all my upgrades are 98% to increase off-road capability. Now I know that BBK can help in off-road situations but I am happy with our Freedom Motorsports OEM brake package upgrade in the increase braking performance that it provides and so are thousands of others. BBK with a more open wheel design does look good though, hence why I have BBK on my GT500 instead. :cool:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the rear first, jack stands under the frame by the rear doors and a jack on the pumpkin to move the axle up or down to remove tension on the upper bolt then the bottom bolt was easy. Stuck the factory ones back on for support (bolts/nut just hand tight) and lowered it to the ground. Then started on the front and left it all apart and awaiting for the shocks to return. Did I understand your question?
No I mean the fronts... the front hubs/knuckles look untouched yet the shocks are out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc