What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of it over the others, simple and follows the lines on the truck well, imho. I looked at a couple different ones like ADD, RPG, Evil and KHC, but prefer the ones the SVC guys created. At first, I was leaning toward the Mojave, but saw some photos of the Smurf installed on a white Raptor and loved it. I've got the Baja V1 out back with dovetailed rears and it matches up pretty nice.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added the carlink 3.0 yesterday because I was sick of plugging my phone in and wanted wireless CarPlay.

View attachment 346698

Curious to hear how it works for you. I've had the same one for about 2 months. It randomly doesn't connect and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to establish the connection. Seems to fail most often when I've been using it, stop for a bit, like less than 15 min, and get back in the truck. Seems to always connect just fine after an extended period of no power - ie first start of each day. I also disconnected my phone from the truck bluetooth but that didn't seem to make a difference.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to hear how it works for you. I've had the same one for about 2 months. It randomly doesn't connect and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to establish the connection. Seems to fail most often when I've been using it, stop for a bit, like less than 15 min, and get back in the truck. Seems to always connect just fine after an extended period of no power - ie first start of each day. I also disconnected my phone from the truck bluetooth but that didn't seem to make a difference.
I had one that worked great for about a month, then stopped connecting altogether. Amazon seller went silent. Waste of a time, money, and energy in my case. YMMV

supermoose

Reaction score
I have a similar problem with my CPlay2Air (not the same product but same issue). I can't figure out why most of the time it will connect to my phone and other times it randomly won't.

Last edited:

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know there is an update for this firmware wise if connection becomes a problem.
yea I'm aware of this too. I think the manual says something like if it's working then don't update. or only update if you're having issues. I've been hesitant to update because my issue may be nothing compared to the issues I'll have after update. who knows

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea I'm aware of this too. I think the manual says something like if it's working then don't update. or only update if you're having issues. I've been hesitant to update because my issue may be nothing compared to the issues I'll have after update. who knows
Do the update. Mine started going weird on me too. Not only did I update the firmware, but I reset it to default, rejoined the phone to it and it has been MILES better.