What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well luck to you my friend. Didn't you create a thread about this? Link? I would like to follow it. I have spoken to Ryan on the phone a while back, clever chap.
I never did. I should have started a build thread when I started my gen2 but didnt. Now to much has been done and I'm not going back.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll update on here if and when it gets back to Matt.

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I de-Dodged it today... Took off the dealer plates and it was a nice warm day, so used a sam's club membership card in my wallet to take the vinyl dealer sticker off the tailgate. Since it left a slight amount of residue, I broke out the quick detailer and next thing you know, I did the whole truck.

PXL_20210701_192527229.PORTRAIT.jpg

Taking off the front plate, was the dealer lazy and just drilled holes in my front bumper to mount the plate? Or are they all like this?

PXL_20210701_192058423.jpg

Moridin

Reaction score
Taking off the front plate, was the dealer lazy and just drilled holes in my front bumper to mount the plate? Or are they all like this?

Bought mine brand new and it was the same thing, dealer just drilled 2 holes and then mounted up the bracket.

I bought a cheap black license plate frame that came with those little rubber deals you put behind the screws and then a black cap pops on to cover the screwheads and just used those without the frame to clean it up.

It actually looks pretty good, almost like there are 2 sensors mounted there for parking or something. lol

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen... every Raptor comes from the factory with 2 front mount license plate holes. Definitely an eye sore and probably a cost cutting move as I'm sure a bracket could have been designed to accomidate owners in states that require a front plate. I think folks are using small nylon "Hillman 3/16" plugs the hardware store and painting them to match.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Gentlemen... every Raptor comes from the factory with 2 front mount license plate holes. Definitely an eye sore and probably a cost cutting move as I'm sure a bracket could have been designed to accomidate owners in states that require a front plate. I think folks are using small nylon "Hillman 3/16" plugs the hardware store and painting them to match.
Leave it to the front plate states to ***** it up for the rest of us.