What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s some pretty snazzy screens, really cool stuff. Almost limitless. Your 360 cam and such work just fine? Is there a way to tie those engine and Perf gauges into the truck?
Hi...Yes, it has connectors for 360 Cameras (I personally do not have that option). It has a Canbus decoder box that allows it to work with the steering wheel and factory accessories on that network (the Canbus). Also has outputs and inputs to add other devices, amps, etc...It can run any Android apps, and has multiple USB ports (and retains the USB Hub), so you basically have 4 USB connectors for OBDII and works with some/most Bluetooth OBDII cables, etc.. So you can run Torque or similar...Still have not had much time to mess with it. I am not certain, but going to try to connect my ForScan OBDII USB cable to it and that may work for ForScan Android AND Torque. Will test my theory soon...Now, have to clear foot + of snow :)

Connectors.png

Last edited:

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So wanted that screen when I first got my truck. After lots of reviews and people actually removing them on Youtube I decided not to attempt one at this time. Interfacing and longevity were an issue. Hopefully they have progressed in those departments.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
So wanted that screen when I first got my truck. After lots of reviews and people actually removing them on Youtube I decided not to attempt one at this time. Interfacing and longevity were an issue. Hopefully they have progressed in those departments.
I agree, it's a cool idea. I just wish a more established company like Alpine came out with something like it. No offense to anyone but it reminds me of jailbroken FireTV with Kodi installed on it. It's cool and all but I just don't trust it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi...Yes, it has connectors for 360 Cameras (I personally do not have that option). It has a Canbus decoder box that allows it to work with the steering wheel and factory accessories on that network (the Canbus). Also has outputs and inputs to add other devices, amps, etc...It can run any Android apps, and has multiple USB ports (and retains the USB Hub), so you basically have 4 USB connectors for OBDII and works with some/most Bluetooth OBDII cables, etc.. So you can run Torque or similar...Still have not had much time to mess with it. I am not certain, but going to try to connect my ForScan OBDII USB cable to it and that may work for ForScan Android AND Torque. Will test my theory soon...Now, have to clear foot + of snow :)

View attachment 340262

Great details and info on your setup. It sounds super versatile and beyond feature rich. Just so many possibilities. Keep us posted.

I agree, it's a cool idea. I just wish a more established company like Alpine came out with something like it. No offense to anyone but it reminds me of jailbroken FireTV with Kodi installed on it. It's cool and all but I just don't trust it.

This has been my take and many posts before have had some mixed results. Either with cameras functioning or what not. It does sound like things have improved however.

If this was my weekend play toy, I may just jump in. I like tech mixed with performance no doubt. But this truck is my DD and it has to be ready to fly at all times so to speak. I like oem rock solid functionality and reliability in that regard. But not saying I won’t maybe take the plunge one day.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had one of the phoenix's, px3 I think. It's sitting in the garage collecting dust. It started glitching bad after several months. The day I took it out, I realized how much I missed the stupid knobs for the radio and whatnot. I did put one of those ram mounts on top of the dash and can run whatever tablet I want. The biggest problem with this is that the bluetooth audio lags a little through the truck speakers if you're streaming video.

Someone posted an app that allows mirroring of the sync screen to your phone, I may give that a shot.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
How does that enhance performance.
Torque multiplication. More torque sooner results in quicker, more “power” for acceleration. It’s why a relatively small engine in an 18-wheeler can get 20 tons up to speed quickly.

I ran 5:13 gears in my 1967 6cyl Camaro back in the 60s. I could out-accelerate (outrun!) big block Chevelles with only 1/3 the power/engine torque.