What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I updated my Cobb AP to include TCM and installed the sport map last week. The truck definitely feels better all around including the softening of the cold 1-2 shift...it doesn't feel $400 better though :/ I was planning on doing a Goosetuned custom tune and TCM before I realized I had to unlock the TCM capability on the Cobb AP first...Not sure if I still want to spend the extra $250 on a Goosetuned TCM tune now or just get the normal engine tune by itself.
Does the Cobb TCM retain the skip shift in normal mode? If so is it any different or do you just drive in sport mode? I can’t stand how often and how hard it shifts in sport mode to bother driving it around in that mode. Right now especially I’m all short trips at low speeds so 10 banging shifts between 0-45 mph is just irritating.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Racking up some miles on the Rappy taking it on week long biz road trip - visiting accounts & taking in some R&R w/ my “assistant” along the way, northern New England/CNY - VT/NH through the white mountains etc. probably do about 1200 miles total from start to finish

some light (but fun) off-roading, got some decent air on rolling hills/open field setting

Cant fathom a better all around DD/road trip vehicle for my needs, & supposed to get hit by a late snowstorm tonight!

Didn't the golf course get pissed off at you for driving around with your truck?

Last edited:

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Cobb TCM retain the skip shift in normal mode? If so is it any different or do you just drive in sport mode? I can’t stand how often and how hard it shifts in sport mode to bother driving it around in that mode. Right now especially I’m all short trips at low speeds so 10 banging shifts between 0-45 mph is just irritating.

There are two maps available and I went straight to the Sport one. I also always drive in sport mode unless the wife and dogs are in the car. It is super smooth and seems to have a better idea of how I'm driving, when I want to shift, etc. It makes the truck feel better in 4A also. I was just annoyed that it is $400 to unlock it. I was hoping to spend $550 on the Goosetuned ECU/TCM tunes, but had to spend the $400 on unlocking the AP for TCM tuning first. The Cobb map isn't bad at all, I just like complaining haha...I'll prob take nikhsub1's advice and just do the ECU tune from Goosetuned.

From the website:
COBB OEM+
The COBB OEM+ map is intended to be a sporty but refined improvement on the stock transmission behavior.
  • Shift Points: Shift points are moderately increased for sportier acceleration with the COBB OEM+ map and further increased with the COBB Sport map. The window for skip shifts is also narrower between for the OEM+ map compared to the Stock map.
  • Shift Firmness: moderately increased shift firmness during high-power, high-RPM shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Upshift Backout: upshift inhibit (zero APP gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%. Instead of this holding the gear and maintaining a high RPM, an upshift will occur for a smoother driving experience.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration.
COBB SPORT
The COBB Sport map is intended to be a performance-first improvement on the stock transmission behavior.
  • Shift Points: Skip shifts are eliminated except for 1 > 3 shifts in low speed and light throttle situations. There are also more responsive downshift schedules and more anticipatory coastdown (off-power) shift schedules. This allows smoother driving experience in off throttle situations and when slowing to a stop.
  • Shift Firmness: increased shift firmness during moderate to high-power shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Upshift Backout: upshift inhibit (zero APP gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%. Instead of this holding the gear and maintaining a high RPM, an upshift will occur for a smoother driving experience.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two maps available and I went straight to the Sport one. I also always drive in sport mode unless the wife and dogs are in the car. It is super smooth and seems to have a better idea of how I'm driving, when I want to shift, etc. It makes the truck feel better in 4A also. I was just annoyed that it is $400 to unlock it. I was hoping to spend $550 on the Goosetuned ECU/TCM tunes, but had to spend the $400 on unlocking the AP for TCM tuning first. The Cobb map isn't bad at all, I just like complaining haha...I'll prob take nikhsub1's advice and just do the ECU tune from Goosetuned.

From the website:
COBB OEM+
The COBB OEM+ map is intended to be a sporty but refined improvement on the stock transmission behavior.
  • Shift Points: Shift points are moderately increased for sportier acceleration with the COBB OEM+ map and further increased with the COBB Sport map. The window for skip shifts is also narrower between for the OEM+ map compared to the Stock map.
  • Shift Firmness: moderately increased shift firmness during high-power, high-RPM shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration.
COBB SPORT
The COBB Sport map is intended to be a performance-first improvement on the stock transmission behavior.
  • Shift Points: Skip shifts are eliminated except for 1 > 3 shifts in low speed and light throttle situations. There are also more responsive downshift schedules and more anticipatory coastdown (off-power) shift schedules. This allows smoother driving experience in off throttle situations and when slowing to a stop.
  • Shift Firmness: increased shift firmness during moderate to high-power shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration
I might do it one of these days just for grins. It’s just a little choppy for me. Sounds like OEM+ is between normal and sport behavior which is what I’d prefer.

D

Deleted member 12951

e2fd1d06eab67bf2d95fb57c7c0471aa.jpgchanged out the wheels from the KM3’s back to a fresh set of k02’s. Highway noise was starting to get to me!
Interesting, I heard the KM3 weren’t that loud. You still liking the stealth? Mine has been at the shop all last week, hope to pick it up next week. Getting stealth too on my Oxford white

chuckycastle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
decc64e3e6c4c550b86a81b8c17268e2.jpg

Finally installed the ADD bumpers and BD lights this weekend!

1c460b401046fa807d8712627f7b9e28.jpg

Amazing how much foam, box, and pallet it takes to ship this stuff - that said, ADD did a phenomenal job with the parts and shipping!

3df647af449e459545ee515b503f8278.jpg
345161f10907a6df178b29111ab785fd.jpg

I went with the AFE intercooler kit included with the ADD PRO V2 bumper. Installation was straightforward - I wouldn’t call it “easy” nor “hard,” but definitely “tedious.”

ee05919f1bd714a8eca54e0ad55c038e.jpg

About a half-day’s work with one person and limited tools.

7b1955d2903c36b4f62852148f0f98b1.jpg
cf4df44a43116786a778029876b97bb2.jpg

Had some help with the light loop and rear bumper - those went on relatively easy. Wife and kid hooked it up with nimble little fingers on the Deutsch re-crimping for all the lights (also Keith over at LVJ makes an incredible harness for the LP6s).

Overall extremely happy with the results, I’d call the weekend a success!

That said... anyone in the LA area want a box of GEN 2 bumper and intercooler parts? All yours if you come pick it up.

e3b6eb14163607e2f99718e0e68691b2.jpg