What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad_hartpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the install process on the APR hood vent? Looks good. I wish they made it just a little taller / more aggressive to differentiate it more from the stock vent..

The install is pretty straightforward. An automotive trim removal tool and some plastic trim wedges is what I used.
First: remove under hood insulation.
Second: remove four rubber grommets from rear portion of hood near the wiper cowl.
Third: remove the six nuts from the bolts underneath the grommets (4) and two nuts from the center of the hood.
Fourth: use plastic wedges on the top side to apply a little upward pressure against the plastic push clips pointing down through the hood from the hood vent. Use a pair of pliers or your fingers to squeeze the clips allowing them to retract upwards through the hood.
Fifth: use one of the plastic wedges to pry up thus releasing the double-sided tape on the very rear portion of the hood vent. I slipped mine under one side and just pushed it across to release the tape.
You should be able to remove the stock vent at this time.
Sixth: transfer the clips and bolts from the stock vent to the APR vent. I used a file to widen the opening slightly on the APR fastener brackets allowing the plastic fasteners to slip in easier. Reinstall your new hood vent and hood insulation.
Seventh: stand back and bask in the glorious awesomeness of pure unadulterated carbon fiber.

Brad_hartpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Wagner Tuning intercooler with the help of my son. As others have stated, the instructions are lackluster to say the least. It is doable if you are patient and are somewhat mechanically inclined. Took us about 5 hours total. The grill has to be removed, oil cooler relocated, horn bracket modified, and you will NOT use the stock cold side elbow ( they provide one in the kit). I may post a write-up at another time.